E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Oil filter housing/oil cooler gasket replacement

04-25-2022, 10:12 PM   #1
fearitself165
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Oil filter housing/oil cooler gasket replacement

I'm just curious if anyone has done this personally and can provide any tips to make it easier. I looked at it the last time I had intake manifold off but I wasn't prepared for it yet so here goes. Any advice would be much appreciated, considering this is one of the only DIY's for the m57 I cannot find any info about online.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 08:36 AM   #2
Owen81
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d, 17/22 TDI

You can't find any info because no one does them, I've been on here for quite some time and never heard of one leaking. Is yours leaking?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 12:41 PM   #3
335dlci
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Haven't seen one leak yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 09:44 AM   #4
D3Rich
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d (2011)

Mines leaking got the gasket on order and will be replacing as soon as it arrives
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 07:37 PM   #5
fearitself165
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3Rich View Post
Mines leaking got the gasket on order and will be replacing as soon as it arrives
Thank you for responding. What initially got me concerned about the oil filter housing gasket were articles about BMW's being known for having leaks from these areas... considering ours isn't much different I figured it couldn't hurt especially if I'm already in the engine bay wrenching on other things already. Can you inform me of the steps you took to to replace it? I'm pretty mechanically inclined and I know the intake manifold needs to come off. I'm just wanting to know the easiest way to get to the torx bolts that hold the housing on.

Mind you im not saying I have a horrible leak from my housing but I'm pretty positive it's at least contributing to the problem. #1 contributor is my boost hose and #2 I want to say is the oil pan gasket. Im wanting to hit the oil pan gasket soon as well but I'm waiting till I have money to drop on an engine brace.

Valve cover gasket I can't say if it's leaking or not. I've done much inspecting around the valve cover and haven't seen any obvious signs, but I'm wanting to preventative replace this gasket as well, as well as clean up my injector holes and replace their o rings and gaskets.
Appreciate 0