E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vargas turbos wastegate flap broken

07-23-2022, 11:54 AM   #1
Godzilx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Vargas turbos wastegate flap broken

Have been running stage 1 Vargas turbos for a bit less than two years. Today I went to swap out my inlets for a set of relocated ones and took my downpipes off to notice the wastegate flap on the rear turbo was completely broken.

Any recommendations for fixing this? I have a friend that can weld, thinking of using the piece from and old turbo. I don't think they sell this specific part and replacing the whole wastegate involves taking off the turbo which I'd rather not do.

Car was still holding 20 psi just fine; it was just rattling like crazy on acceleration. Rattle got really bad after my last track event, that's when I think the piece flew off.

Any ideas appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 11:38 PM   #2
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

It isn’t completely broken. It’s just too loose. Pul vacuum to hold it in place closed and try to weld it. However, I’m not to optimistic about it. Materials are different. Have you talked to Vargas?
Appreciate 0