E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > DPF Warning after DPF cleaning

11-03-2022, 05:47 PM   #1
NealMartin
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

DPF Warning after DPF cleaning

Good afternoon all.
This is my first time posting on this forum so please excuse me in advance if I am doing something wrong.

I have a 2010 335D with 166k miles. I recently started to get the cloged DPF warning light that was followed by the reduced performance warning. Not wanting to pay the stealership an arm and a leg to clean/ replace the DPF I removed the DPF and took it to DPF360 for them to do a complete clean. After cleaning the unit had a back presure of around 1" of water column. So pretty clean me thinks. After 1 regeneration and an additional 350 miles I am again getting the warning lights.

Now for some supporting info
About 5000 miles ago I did a complete CBU removal, Soaked the inlet manifold, borescoped the inlets down to the valves to check for doneness blasted the egr valve and replaced the throttle body, removed the swirl flaps.

I am using a Autol MX808 maxi check as my diagnostic tool.
When I reinstalled the DPF I reset the DPF in the appropriate module.
When I run diagnostics I get a diferential pressure fault, an absolute pressure fault, and a EGR temp fault. plus a couple of other EGR/ SCR related faults. The only one that remains present is dif pres fault. all the others seem to be momentary. I will write down and send the fault code #'s if that helps.

If I reset the Fault codes, the "service engine soon"light goes out. When the engine has been running for around 10mins, regardless of engine load, the DPF warning comes up and the S.E.S light comes back on
When I look at the live data for the exhaust system the value for exhaust system back pressure is 0mbr while the engine is at idle. It momentarily bumps up when I start the engine but goes straigt back down to zero. Quickly reving the engine to 1500-2000 has no effect on the reading.

I have rechecked all the connections that I disturbed during diss/ reasembly.
Is it possible that that one or both of the exhaust pressure sensors is faulty?
I have also read that the SCR may be an issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, accept my appologies if this post is not formated correctly and for any typo's/ spelling mistakes. Fat finger syndrome.
Appreciate 0