E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > VIN Mismatch with CIC Advice

03-15-2023, 11:34 PM   #23
nuwaus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilvan View Post
To use the patching method you need to update to CIC.C1A firmware
I think I'm really lost now, I can't figure out what is the correct version in mine.
There are the SS I have taken from NCS and ISTA

Name:  IMG_20230316_090909.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  281.0 KB
Name:  IMG_20230316_091126.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  206.7 KB
Name:  IMG_20230316_095100.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  184.6 KB

I'm not sure if the prev owner had updated it to the latest or not, with the sh file, I can get the 1B file but when I tried to run the patcher sh, nothing happens.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 04:04 PM   #24
TSilver335i
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwaus View Post
I think I'm really lost now, I can't figure out what is the correct version in mine.
There are the SS I have taken from NCS and ISTA

Attachment 3130280
Attachment 3130281
Attachment 3130282

I'm not sure if the prev owner had updated it to the latest or not, with the sh file, I can get the 1B file but when I tried to run the patcher sh, nothing happens.
Yes you have to read the CIC to view the actual version. Many fail to do this and think its showing the the correct version. So yes, you have C1A.

Formatted usb to fat32? copie_scr.sh to empty USB drive. If not try different usb
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 01:19 AM   #25
nuwaus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSilver335i View Post
Yes you have to read the CIC to view the actual version. Many fail to do this and think its showing the the correct version. So yes, you have C1A.

Formatted usb to fat32? copie_scr.sh to empty USB drive. If not try different usb
As I understand, there are 2 versions of copie_scr.sh hanging around

1. For fetch the 1B file
2. For patching the CIC so it will accept only the root certificate.

Using a USB stick, I was able to perform the first one, which fetched the 1B file and I have it already.

But I'm not able to perform the second one. I'm not sure why it not working maybe the previous owner of the CIC has done it already, why I'm suspecting that is my hardware seems produced in 2009 and without updating the software, it has no way of getting the latest C1A version.

And another clue as to why I'm thinking that is when I code the CIC to the car, I've seen it had been coded in 2018.

Now I'm confused about what to do next, I'm not sure if the CIC has been coded to my car properly.

In that case, is there any proper guide to do it? I did not retrofit from scratch, instead, I had business CIC in my car and I only upgraded the CIC head unit and CID to professional.

I don't find any error on ISTA or anywhere, and CIC works just fine. only the map menu item is grayed out.

Please help me with this if possible.

TIA
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 06:06 AM   #26
TSilver335i
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
As I understand, there are 2 versions of copie_scr.sh hanging around

1. For fetch the 1B file
2. For patching the CIC so it will accept only the root certificate.

Using a USB stick, I was able to perform the first one, which fetched the 1B file and I have it already.

But I'm not able to perform the second one. I'm not sure why it not working maybe the previous owner of the CIC has done it already, why I'm suspecting that is my hardware seems produced in 2009 and without updating the software, it has no way of getting the latest C1A version.

And another clue as to why I'm thinking that is when I code the CIC to the car, I've seen it had been coded in 2018.

Now I'm confused about what to do next, I'm not sure if the CIC has been coded to my car properly.

In that case, is there any proper guide to do it? I did not retrofit from scratch, instead, I had business CIC in my car and I only upgraded the CIC head unit and CID to professional.

I don't find any error on ISTA or anywhere, and CIC works just fine. only the map menu item is grayed out.

Please help me with this if possible.

TIA
Probably the best info on this you will find is FaxData's DIY. See post 3 https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1649066
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 09:07 AM   #27
nuwaus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Probably the best info on this you will find is FaxData's DIY. See post 3 https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1649066
Thanks,

That's quite a lot of reading but I will go through and write back the updates.

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 02:11 AM   #28
nuwaus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Thank you and everyone who help with this topic,

Finally, I was able to crack it down.

First, it was my Java installation that caused FSC tools to not work, so I uninstalled all Java installations JDKs, and JREs. Then I installed only the JDK 8 u202.

So I was able to get FSC tools fully working. then I followed this guide as suggested.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...03&postcount=3

In that guide, it says to use JRE 1.5.0 update 22, but in my case, it didn't work on my Windows 11 tablet.

Now, I just have to download the maps and update them.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 11:28 PM   #29
TSilver335i
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thank you and everyone who help with this topic,

Finally, I was able to crack it down.

First, it was my Java installation that caused FSC tools to not work, so I uninstalled all Java installations JDKs, and JREs. Then I installed only the JDK 8 u202.

So I was able to get FSC tools fully working. then I followed this guide as suggested.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...03&postcount=3

In that guide, it says to use JRE 1.5.0 update 22, but in my case, it didn't work on my Windows 11 tablet.

Now, I just have to download the maps and update them.

Thanks
Nice work
Appreciate 1
nuwaus13.50