F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Android 11 / 12 /13 HU discussion
ARMA SPEED

03-24-2023, 05:23 PM   #1475
gacur
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamanix View Post
Try using firmware from A11. When restoring A11, in some cases it was necessary to put the versions an order of magnitude lower than the working version was before.After recovery, you will be able to return back to A12.
Recovery methods such as updated A10 and true A10.
Hi,
tjank you for your response.
I moved one step forward. Most probably my problem was related to google drive download way... It changed date every time if one file download. Resolved it by download multiple files at once. After that files are zipped again. After unzip we have original date of file which is inline with metadata..

Anyway i stopped again.
If i tried to upload A11 2.4.4 and A12 1.2.0 (non NEXAI) then i got info that it is not possible to downgrade.

"Update package is older than the current build, expected a build newer than timestamp 1671451328 but package has timestamp 1669364267 and downgrade not allowed."

If i tried 1.0.7 and other NEXAI i had another response that package was prepared for m600 but bengal is expected

Is there any way to force downgrade or update with m600 build?
I checked info from https://source.android.com/ and most probably it is possible to create new version of ota build with old build as input. But lack of knowledge on my side

Ewery tip welcome

hank you in advance.
BR
Jacek
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2023, 05:39 PM   #1476
MysticMan
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GLK 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by gacur View Post

Is there any way to force downgrade or update with m600 build?
Yes, I just went from A12 to A11, using an SD card recovery method, it's described a few pages back here.

Also here: https://www.cocoa.ne.jp/archives/10801
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2023, 06:19 PM   #1477
gacur
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticMan View Post
Yes, I just went from A12 to A11, using an SD card recovery method, it's described a few pages back here.

Also here: https://www.cocoa.ne.jp/archives/10801
Thank you for your response but as i wrote before i tried to SDcard recovery without success:
"
If i tried to upload A11 2.4.4 and A12 1.2.0 (non NEXAI) then i got info that
"Update package is older than the current build, expected a build newer than timestamp 1671451328 but package has timestamp 1669364267 and downgrade not allowed."

If i tried 1.0.7 and other NEXAI i had another response that package was prepared for m600 but bengal is expected
"

Any other sugstion?

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2023, 08:54 PM   #1478
MysticMan
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GLK 350

Quote:
Show at what moment you are concerned about the notification. Is the TXZing Assistant turned off in your advanced settings? It is better to make a video of how this notification manifests itself.

I have this service enabled but no notifications
Here's a video:
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 02:18 AM   #1479
gacur
Rep

Quote:
Here's a video:
View post on imgur.com
Well, my OS do not start
Thank you anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 04:14 AM   #1480
markomarinho
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GLA

SD662 6+127gb Recovery mode

Hello,
Has anyone achieved recovery mode on sd662 6+128gn? Can't find the right pin to solder in order to do the connection...

Last edited by markomarinho; 03-25-2023 at 04:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 04:54 AM   #1481
kelly66
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post

And I'm sorry but what you said is just fundamentally wrong. You as a responsible drive have a duty to be fully aware of your surroundings especially while manoeuvring.
Agreed, for city driving and slow moving traffic it would be needed. But 45% of my driving is on the highway. So, for lane changing I can look at the screen since I will be having a wide angle camera inside my rear windscreen. This is the one I am getting: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H4W9Z7Z...roduct_details
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2023, 11:40 AM   #1482
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: X6M E71, E63 645Ci, F01 750

Quote:
Here's a video:

I understood. You don't see the notification as such when the system is running until you manually enter the notification area. And you really don't like to see this system notification in this area. Right?
If this is the case, then it will be quite difficult to do this without Root, try using third-party software Hide"using battery"Notification or Notification Remover
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2023, 10:41 AM   #1483
gacur
Rep

Hi, it's again me.

I tried a lot of times to recover OS in my android HU from naviFly.

Based on diffrent inputs I got several diffrent results:
  1. If I tried A11 ksw NEXAI builds (using SD card method https://www.cocoa.ne.jp/archives/10801) update proces started but "instalation was aborted due to bild older then current one" or something similar.
  1. If I tried A12 1.2.0 (non NEXAI) same situation as in point 1
  1. If i tried A12 1.0.7 and later (NEXAI version) update process started but "instalation was aborted. Product NEXAI detected but bengal is expected" or something similar.

I have several ideas.
  • Maybe 1.0.4 NEXAI will work? It was (most probably) factory installed build. But I have no access to this build. Maybe somebody have?
  • Maybe it is possible to rebuild build 1.2.0 and refresh metadata? I tried to understand how is it possible but I have only little knowledge about Android studio. Maybe somebody could help in this topic? I found tool which probably could re-build firmware https://cs.android.com/android/platf...arget_files.py but till now have no idea how to use it.
  • Maybe it is possible to change "product" field in metadata and in this way rebuild firmware 1.0.7 or higher?
  • If, from recovery menu, I select Reboot to bootloader then i am able to recognize ADB device on my PC. But "adb devices" do not recognize it. I was able to recognize "fastboot devices" and also enter to "fastboot shell" but have no idea how to start update from fastboot.
  • Maybe there is any way to bypass product or timestamp checking?
  • Any other ideas?

And question. How could I extract firmware to get info as showed in attached image?

Thank you again.
Jacek
Attached Images

Last edited by gacur; 03-28-2023 at 10:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2023, 02:42 PM   #1484
truxntrax
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31

Droiduk, are you happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by winther1 View Post
Just ordered the Android 11 unit from DroidUK - I realise I can get these units cheaper elsewhere, but bought uk-based for peace of mind.
https://droiduk.com/product/bmw-3-se...82-android-11/

I have an f36 (2016) which has AUX in. Do I understand it correctly that I need to code aux with bimmercode before installation of the unit?
And do I also need to code the resolution in order to have full screen? If there is anything else I need to code, please let me know. I am not installing myself as I need to get a front-facing camera connected, so want to make sure the installer is aware.
Finally, seems some people have issues with 4g - any idea if Droid units work ok with 4g sims?
I can't pm you yet, so posting in the main thread... Can I ask how you are liking your unit, have you managed to get it set up to meet your needs? Have droiduk been good to deal with? I'm thinking about buying the same unit from them.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2023, 03:05 PM   #1485
winther1
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe with MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by truxntrax View Post
I can't pm you yet, so posting in the main thread... Can I ask how you are liking your unit, have you managed to get it set up to meet your needs? Have droiduk been good to deal with? I'm thinking about buying the same unit from them.
Had some issues, some still not resolved such as activating the front camera. Droid UK eventually gave up.
Also, I have audio cutting out sometimes but it is probably down the wiring. Still trying to figure this out.
Small annoying niggles like Waze often asking me to give it permission to use location services. Should only be necessary once! Gps signal weaker than my phone for some reason.
That said, I am happier with the setup than the idrive.
      03-29-2023, 12:15 AM   #1486
Lordreef
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Check the AUX connection or AUX connector or you have something in the car tired

BMW works that way. When the ignition is turned on, turn on the last sound source. If there is no access to sources, then bmw turns on the radio.

Hi, while waiting for the new AUX cable to arrive, I have re-activated the default music app 'Music' (previously unchecked in factory settings) so that hopefully the app will start to play when the car starts everytime. So far, as long as the Music app starts when the car has started, there is no skipping back to iDrive. However, if the car started with iDrive on the screen, skip back to iDrive while using Android music app such as Spotify will happen. To prevent that from happening, I will need to switch to Android & start the default Music app first before Spotify or any other music playing app even TuneIn.

This may not be the solution but it's probably as good as it can be for now.

When my Anker AUX cable arrived recently, I have gotten my installer to check on cable connections as well as replacing the AUX cable. The result is, if the above procedure is not followed, skipping back to iDrive will still happen but at least I think the sound is slightly better with the new AUX cable.

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer advices & help in this forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 07:58 AM   #1487
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi, it's again me.

I tried a lot of times to recover OS in my android HU from naviFly.

Based on diffrent inputs I got several diffrent results:
  1. If I tried A11 ksw NEXAI builds (using SD card method https://www.cocoa.ne.jp/archives/10801) update proces started but "instalation was aborted due to bild older then current one" or something similar.
  1. If I tried A12 1.2.0 (non NEXAI) same situation as in point 1
  1. If i tried A12 1.0.7 and later (NEXAI version) update process started but "instalation was aborted. Product NEXAI detected but bengal is expected" or something similar.

I have several ideas.
  • Maybe 1.0.4 NEXAI will work? It was (most probably) factory installed build. But I have no access to this build. Maybe somebody have?
  • Maybe it is possible to rebuild build 1.2.0 and refresh metadata? I tried to understand how is it possible but I have only little knowledge about Android studio. Maybe somebody could help in this topic? I found tool which probably could re-build firmware https://cs.android.com/android/platf...arget_files.py but till now have no idea how to use it.
  • Maybe it is possible to change "product" field in metadata and in this way rebuild firmware 1.0.7 or higher?
  • If, from recovery menu, I select Reboot to bootloader then i am able to recognize ADB device on my PC. But "adb devices" do not recognize it. I was able to recognize "fastboot devices" and also enter to "fastboot shell" but have no idea how to start update from fastboot.
  • Maybe there is any way to bypass product or timestamp checking?
  • Any other ideas?

And question. How could I extract firmware to get info as showed in attached image?

Thank you again.
Jacek
If you want to unpack/repack OTA update, all you need is SUR - Simply Unpack & Repack Tool, although I don't fully understand what you're trying to do. Modify build.prop before update?
You can try to flash the boot.img from one of the update files and then use that update file to recover your system.
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot update whatever_KSW_version_bla_bla_bla.zip
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 08:04 AM   #1488
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordreef View Post
Hi, while waiting for the new AUX cable to arrive, I have re-activated the default music app 'Music' (previously unchecked in factory settings) so that hopefully the app will start to play when the car starts everytime. So far, as long as the Music app starts when the car has started, there is no skipping back to iDrive. However, if the car started with iDrive on the screen, skip back to iDrive while using Android music app such as Spotify will happen. To prevent that from happening, I will need to switch to Android & start the default Music app first before Spotify or any other music playing app even TuneIn.

This may not be the solution but it's probably as good as it can be for now.

When my Anker AUX cable arrived recently, I have gotten my installer to check on cable connections as well as replacing the AUX cable. The result is, if the above procedure is not followed, skipping back to iDrive will still happen but at least I think the sound is slightly better with the new AUX cable.

Thank you very much for taking the time to offer advices & help in this forum.
Your new AUX cable is at best a placebo effect - it has very little to do with audio quality, Android's DAC has.

I would suggest you try KswToolkit (search the thread, it has been mentioned countless times) to see if that cures your issues.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 08:11 AM   #1489
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Had some issues, some still not resolved such as activating the front camera. Droid UK eventually gave up.
The only advantage of getting stuff from Droid UK is the ease of return, if required. Their support is not that much better than the Chinese support, although there is no language barier so that helps I guess.
Quote:
Also, I have audio cutting out sometimes but it is probably down the wiring. Still trying to figure this out.
I would suggest trying the KswToolkit, I'm sure you've seen it mentioned here many times. It fixes some audio issues and provides a number of handy functions.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 12:04 PM   #1490
gacur
Rep

Quote:
If you want to unpack/repack OTA update, all you need is SUR - Simply Unpack & Repack Tool, although I don't fully understand what you're trying to do. Modify build.prop before update?
You can try to flash the boot.img from one of the update files and then use that update file to recover your system.
Code:
fastboot update whatever_KSW_version_bla_bla_bla.zip

Hi RedErik

Thank you a lot.
I tried to unpack Ksw-S-M600_OS_v1.0.7NEXAI-ota.zip using SUR. Flashed boot.imf as you told:
Code:
Then
Code:
fastboot update Ksw-S-M600_OS_v1.0.7NEXAI-ota.zip
archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
error: update package 'Ksw-S-M600_OS_v1.0.7NEXAI-ota.zip' has no android-info.txt
i tried also fastboot reboot and try to install files using recovery mode but again got response as on attached picture.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 12:28 PM   #1491
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi RedErik

Thank you a lot.
I tried to unpack Ksw-S-M600_OS_v1.0.7NEXAI-ota.zip using SUR. Flashed boot.imf as you told:
Code:
Then
Code:
fastboot update Ksw-S-M600_OS_v1.0.7NEXAI-ota.zip
archive does not contain 'android-info.txt'
error: update package 'Ksw-S-M600_OS_v1.0.7NEXAI-ota.zip' has no android-info.txt
i tried also fastboot reboot and try to install files using recovery mode but again got response as on attached picture.
What firmware version you were running and what exactly happened that you ended with this mess on your hands?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 12:33 PM   #1492
gacur
Rep

Quote:
What firmware version you were running and what exactly happened that you ended with this mess on your hands?
RedErik
I was preety sure that it was 1.0.7 but now I am not sure what is my name...

Thank you for your help.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 12:39 PM   #1493
gacur
Rep

I mean i started from 1.0.4 (factory) > 1.0.7 (updated correctly) and then i wanted to update to 1.1.4 and it failed
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 02:20 AM   #1494
Shamanix
Second Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: X6M E71, E63 645Ci, F01 750

ALS devices have instructions for KSW in applications.
There you can find instructions for installing the camera. Front CVBS cameras are used without crutches.The front camera is viewed using AUX or F-Сам applications. Activating applications in Advanced Settings.
https://mega.nz/file/N7oCzTrD#oAKOyH...K_WThEPd7299I0

Other connection options are described here https://www.cocoa.ne.jp/archives/8908#USB

Last edited by Shamanix; 03-30-2023 at 02:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 03:12 AM   #1495
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
I mean i started from 1.0.4 (factory) > 1.0.7 (updated correctly) and then i wanted to update to 1.1.4 and it failed
And you're saying that ADB doesn't recognise your unit right? I guess you will have to open it up and find OTG port location and add it.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 05:13 AM   #1496
Lordreef
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Your new AUX cable is at best a placebo effect - it has very little to do with audio quality, Android's DAC has.

I would suggest you try KswToolkit (search the thread, it has been mentioned countless times) to see if that cures your issues.

Thanks!! Which FiiO model would you recommend for A12 in F10 pls?
Appreciate 0