BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

08-16-2023, 11:05 AM   #45
Baldilocks73
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmoretea View Post
In the UK it’s shadowline as standard. Blue brakes gone now.
I’ve just ordered mine.
How would one order the cerium gray trim if shadowline is standard? I probably should just to the UK site and look for myself. Still wish we got the M Sport seats and seat belts in North America.

We don't get the "frozen" colors either.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 11:11 AM   #46
Evilmoretea
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series (G42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks73 View Post
How would one order the cerium gray trim if shadowline is standard? I probably should just to the UK site and look for myself. Still wish we got the M Sport seats and seat belts in North America.

We don't get the "frozen" colors either.
So there is no shadowline pack as such.
M240i gets shadowline trim in the headlights and exterior black plastics (Grille and black M mirrors). Black lip spoiler and sun procetion glass as standard. On the 220i/230i some of these upgrades come in the “M sport pro pack”

ONLY the standard wheels are the cerium grey for us. By upgrading the wheels to the 893M you get the performance tires and I guess the bigger brakes (there’s debate on brakes)

Deffo check out the UK configurator, I prefer it to the US one. We did used to get the cerium grey car but they just made it shadowline as standard now. So cerium grey is basically dead.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 11:13 AM   #47
Baldilocks73
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So there is no shadowline pack as such.
M240i gets shadowline trim in the headlights and exterior black plastics (Grille and black M mirrors). Black lip spoiler and sun procetion glass as standard. On the 220i/230i some of these upgrades come in the “M sport pro pack”

ONLY the standard wheels are the cerium grey for us. By upgrading the wheels to the 893M you get the performance tires and I guess the bigger brakes (there’s debate on brakes)

Deffo check out the UK configurator, I prefer it to the US one. We did used to get the cerium grey car but they just made it shadowline as standard now.
I prefer the UK one as well, now that I am looking at it. I went to the BMW Mexico site. They get the M Sport seats, so I guess it's just Canada and US that are left out.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 11:15 AM   #48
Evilmoretea
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series (G42)

Quote:
I prefer the UK one as well, now that I am looking at it. I went to the BMW Mexico site. They get the M Sport seats, so I guess it's just Canada and US that are left out.
Yeah the UK cars get quite a lot of options for standard. Even the better headlights etc. I think it’s partly down to how the cars are tested for safety here in the UK, it’s cheaper for BMW to just include more options as standard so they have to crash less variations of the car. Thah or emissions.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 11:19 AM   #49
Baldilocks73
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah the UK cars get quite a lot of options for standard. Even the better headlights etc. I think it’s partly down to how the cars are tested for safety here in the UK, it’s cheaper for BMW to just include more options as standard so they have to crash less variations of the car. Thah or emissions.
I'd gladly give up the standard sunroof for M Sport seats and seat belts. We can't even delete the sunroof here - only on the 230i models.
Appreciate 2
ggggbmw441.50
      08-16-2023, 02:14 PM   #50
Pentland
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i (G42)

Quote:
We’ve been through this. You can get the 893M wheels and tyres on their own. No bigger brakes. You can then add the brakes and cooling (M tech pack) to the wheels for £300.

You cannot have the M tech pack without the wheels.

Quote:
Yeah, you’d think from this that the Mexicans have something against North Americans and are doing it on purpose
Appreciate 2
      08-17-2023, 06:41 AM   #51
Baldilocks73
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentland View Post

Yeah, you’d think from this that the Mexicans have something against North Americans and are doing it on purpose
Pretty sure that BMW-USA is doing it so they can up sell the M2.
Appreciate 1