07-09-2023, 12:57 PM   #23
Jashue
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 B58 G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houdre View Post
Even high bitrate on Apple Music doesn't help if you're listening on your BT device (may it be in the car or your wireless headphones), because the quality is being lowered(compressed) so BT connection can handle it.
I'm kind of glad this came up, because I've been wondering if the phone doesn't connect to the car via WiFi instead of Bluetooth. I mean-- it is connected to the car with WiFi, so why wouldn't the music app make use of it?

Of course, at the end of the day all this talk about the virtues of lossless relative to lossy is a waste of time. It's like arguing over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. I measured 70 decibels of ambient noise recently at 80mph on a newly paved road. It can be much more on a lesser road. I'm a hoarder not a streamer and most of my 15,000 song library is encoded at a bit rate much higher than what is available for purchase or streaming. Realistically, I don't think there's any real difference at speed.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 10:29 PM   #24
Formulaic
Rep
Drives: 2020 740i; 2019 Z4

You’d get the 70 decibels of noise down a bit if you switched to the non run flats….or ordered as original tires, the non run flats on the 18” tires. Feels and sounds like a different car.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 09:12 AM   #25
Jashue
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 B58 G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulaic View Post
You’d get the 70 decibels of noise down a bit if you switched to the non run flats….or ordered as original tires, the non run flats on the 18” tires. Feels and sounds like a different car.
PS4S's here! I love those tires! I had (initially) run flats on my F22. I hated the way the car felt— to say nothing of the sound.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 09:53 AM   #26
Leonardocav
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2023 218i g42

another thing you could try if you haven't already solved it is to go into the apple carplay settings on the iphone and remove apple music from the available apps, then restart the iphone and reenable it
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2023, 03:30 PM   #27
nype
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i / BMW X5 35d

I am trying to force myself to use the iDrive Spotify app (better audio quality) instead of the CarPlay Spotify app. When I remove Spotify from my CarPlay settings on my iPhone it doesn't show up in CarPlay as expected. However, the iDrive Spotify app hangs at "loading". Has anyone else tried / noticed this?

Trying to understand how the 2 could be connected.
Appreciate 0