home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

01-02-2024, 09:06 PM   #683
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

No sunroof on the G87 is annoying so no deal...I have decided to order an M4 G83 (hopefully will get that done next week), which we will garage at our Noosa home, and I will keep driving my F87 Comp while I am still working in Melbourne and still doing lots of business travel.
The wife would like the smaller M2 but the sunroof which I use almost every day is a must for me.
The M4 I think will be my first car I have ever owned since I have had company cars my whole working life - almost 50 years!!
But I think I will be happy having an M4 convertible as my own car, I am sure my wife will be out in it in no time.
She currently has a manual Mini Cooper (The works), which is also a fun car.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 12:59 AM   #684
Grace
Private
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR8IVE View Post
Thanks Grace, just saw your install in the other thread. Just ordered the zunsport version for the oil cooler. Still looking for 'more attractive' alternatives for the lower front grille.
No worries and if you saw my other post I asked about what’s behind the panel, I ended up having a look with a camera and it’s fine lol, there is a hose a bit behind where you attach the back edge of the mesh but where the screws come out is clear.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 06:58 AM   #685
Hash
Private
Rep
Drives: 11' 135 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
No sunroof on the G87 is annoying so no deal...I have decided to order an M4 G83 (hopefully will get that done next week), which we will garage at our Noosa home, and I will keep driving my F87 Comp while I am still working in Melbourne and still doing lots of business travel.
The wife would like the smaller M2 but the sunroof which I use almost every day is a must for me.
The M4 I think will be my first car I have ever owned since I have had company cars my whole working life - almost 50 years!!
But I think I will be happy having an M4 convertible as my own car, I am sure my wife will be out in it in no time.
She currently has a manual Mini Cooper (The works), which is also a fun car.
Hi, you can definitely order one with a sunroof. Your dealer will need to reach out to head office, but it can be done as a NCO, given the carbon roof costs more. Would have to be a factory order so suspect you’ll lose some bargaining power as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 02:37 PM   #686
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the feedback.

I will ask again although I have tried 3 dealers so far.
I am going in next week to place an order and maybe the M4 is becoming my favorite.
I do like the M2 but maybe time for a change since this is going to be a long-term ICE car for us.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 06:53 AM   #687
Lex Templar
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 AW

So who has got to 2000km run in so far? I'm at 895kms and driving it every chance I get. First wash today after it was ceramic coated and PPFd a few weeks ago.

Hoping to crack the 2000km in a couple of weeks.

As for my plans for the car, I plan to Keep it 100% stock - I think it's amazing as it is. Even the practical ride height. (coming from someone that has come from a car on KW coilovers)

For those with Carbon seats, when do we do the driving days? I'll reach out to the dealer in due course.

Lex.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-05-2024, 01:05 PM   #688
OldButSmooth
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2

I was in Bondi Junction yesterday and noticed a parked Lotus Emira, must say an exceedingly good looking car with a Dino vibe about it. Got home yesterday after seeing that car and my copy of Wheels Magazine had arrived, had a quick flick through it and found a comparison test between the Emira, M2, Toyota Supra and Corvette...a good read and a very good result for our M2.
Appreciate 2
DSTR1271.00
      01-05-2024, 03:45 PM   #689
Grace
Private
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Templar View Post
So who has got to 2000km run in so far? I'm at 895kms and driving it every chance I get. First wash today after it was ceramic coated and PPFd a few weeks ago.

As for my plans for the car, I plan to Keep it 100% stock - I think it's amazing as it is. Even the practical ride height. (coming from someone that has come from a car on KW coilovers)

For those with Carbon seats, when do we do the driving days? I'll reach out to the dealer in due course.

Lex.
Hey Lex, I’ve had the run in done a while ago, great to be able to rev it right out, definitely need to take it right up to the redline to appreciate the power. I have cf buckets so also wondering about the track experience stuff, haven’t heard anything from BMW about it!?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2024, 06:57 PM   #690
J15
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:

Lex.
I just hit 10,000km, am part way through a trip to Tas from Sydney. Heading back on the boat tomorrow.
Appreciate 2
Alpine*1315.00
      01-06-2024, 06:21 PM   #691
OldButSmooth
Private
Rep

Quote:

Lex.
Likewise Lex keeping my car 100% stock for no other reason than to protect future value. I have followed classic car values for a while (the M2 is definitely a future classic) and cars that remain unmolested and kept to original spec are the ones that achieve the highest price.

Must say loving this car more with each early Sunday morning drive.
OBS
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2024, 05:12 PM   #692
jtaus67
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 G87, F40 M135ix

Any follow up reports on ceramic coat/ppf for Sydney-siders who have had it done? I am in Northern Beaches and planning to do ceramic - just did a sealant and waxing yesterday but considering shortly for a correction/coating.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 05:39 PM   #693
OldButSmooth
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaus67 View Post
Any follow up reports on ceramic coat/ppf for Sydney-siders who have had it done? I am in Northern Beaches and planning to do ceramic - just did a sealant and waxing yesterday but considering shortly for a correction/coating.
Hi Mate

I went PPF for maximum paint protection due to my experiences with this excellent product. My last car (Porsche) received two stone chips, one to the headlamp and the other the nearside mudguard...thankfully just a nasty gash to the plastic film leaving the car otherwise unscathed. I can recommend Aussie Cossie at Artarmon, I had the front portion of my G87 M2 (including air intake surrounds), the bonnet, front mudguards, lower side aprons, wheel arches, mirrors and carbon fibre roof wrapped. The cost was $3,300.00 including GST. On a secondary note they will also ceramic coat each wheel as a cost of $100/wheel.

OBS

Last edited by OldButSmooth; 01-07-2024 at 07:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
jtaus6712.00
      01-07-2024, 06:34 PM   #694
MusashiAu
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 m2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldButSmooth View Post
I purchased a three year service package for $1,800 which included the 2k run-in service. In addition, I had the ACE 3.0 (BMW) dash cam supplied and installed at a cost of $1,700 (front and rear coverage). The dash cam was expensive, however, the benefit of proving one's innocents in a not at fault accident is worth every penny as it saves having to pay any claim costs in the event of a collision where the involved parties statements conflict, hence, no loss of any `no claim bonus' benefits.
OBS
Are you able to share the quote? I imagine my dealer will quote the full price and make me haggle.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 07:21 PM   #695
M2see
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C - HS, Manual

Quote:
I had My F87 M2 done at OzziCozzie as well, like OBS said it has saved my paint work a number of times in terms of stone chips, what looks like carpark scrapes (returned to the car to see paint on my bumper but was able to easily remove due ti it only being on the PPF), and most recently when one of my kids friends tripped whilst getting out of our SUV and fell onto the SUV door which hit the door on the M2. Whilst there was damage to the PPF, the door paintwork and body work survived intact, well worth the money spent.
Looking at the OzzieCozi pricelist looks like inflation has bumped the price since mine was done, but this is a good place to start.

https://protectmycar.com.au/ppf-prices/

I also had my SUV done at https://www.tinthaus.com.au and was very happy with the work there as well, they are Upper North shore so were more convenient for me.
Appreciate 1
jtaus6712.00
      01-07-2024, 07:24 PM   #696
OldButSmooth
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusashiAu View Post
Are you able to share the quote? I imagine my dealer will quote the full price and make me haggle.
I was quoted the same for 3 years warranty and for the supply and fitment ($1700) for the front and rear facing dash cam. The dash cam is the only way to prove your innocents should a SUV/Ute driver change lanes without seeing you, otherwise it becomes a matter of conflicting statements where each party becomes responsible for the damage sustained to their vehicle (even though you know you are the innocent party). For the record I will not own a car without dash cam as I see it as an extension of my comprehensive insurance policy.

OBS
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 01:29 AM   #697
J15
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldButSmooth View Post
I was quoted the same for 3 years warranty and for the supply and fitment ($1700) for the front and rear facing dash cam. The dash cam is the only way to prove your innocents should a SUV/Ute driver change lanes without seeing you, otherwise it becomes a matter of conflicting statements where each party becomes responsible for the damage sustained to their vehicle (even though you know you are the innocent party). For the record I will not own a car without dash cam as I see it as an extension of my comprehensive insurance policy.

OBS
I had the whole car PPFd for $4,500. I'm very happy with it and having driven it in a range of conditions am pleased to report everything still looks delivery day fresh.
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2024, 11:50 AM   #698
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hash View Post
Hi, you can definitely order one with a sunroof. Your dealer will need to reach out to head office, but it can be done as a NCO, given the carbon roof costs more. Would have to be a factory order so suspect you’ll lose some bargaining power as well.
Yesterday I placed the order for the M4 Convertible…so they gave me one to drive for the next few days😂.
Very glad with my choice, great car for a convertible.
Now the wait, probably August delivery.
The M4 will be located in QLD and the F87 M2 Comp in VIC.
Anyone have good recommendations for PPF in Melbourne?
I have used a company on both M2’s but not sure they are the best.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 01:48 PM   #699
OldButSmooth
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusashiAu View Post
Negotiated the set service fee when dropping car off for 2k service, no quote just a verbal offer and an acceptance by myself. I purchased the car from Sylvania BMW and have used their service people...so far a very good experience.

OBS
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2024, 08:29 PM   #700
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Random shot this morning, yellow DRLs installed along with wheel spacers. Goes in for new springs this week and next week a stealth PPF wrap.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      01-13-2024, 11:59 PM   #701
GYRKIN GT
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: FPV GT, BMW K1600GTL & K1200GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine* View Post
Random shot this morning, yellow DRLs installed along with wheel spacers. Goes in for new springs this week and next week a stealth PPF wrap.
Nice, Alpine! What brand & size spacers did you go for?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 02:20 PM   #702
jtaus67
Rep

Saturday drive out via Mr Victoria, surprise surprise a waving arm from an oncoming car…BG M2 as is mine! Quite a strange thing as it’s the first G87 I’ve seen since picking mine up and to see the same colour was a laugh! Hopefully whoever it was is on the forum- all I could manage was a quick peace sign in return!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2024, 02:28 PM   #703
DSTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M240iX / 23 M2 Tor-Red

Quote:
By Your Command!! Nice avatar!
Appreciate 1
jtaus6712.00
      01-14-2024, 02:33 PM   #704
jtaus67
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTR View Post
By Your Command!! Nice avatar!
Yeah front and rear somehow bring cylon to mind!
Appreciate 0