BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

08-29-2023, 09:11 AM   #67
Jackie Chiles
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCuv View Post
in my experience looking- those cars are mainly 2019s (not current generation) & yellow & PDK.

bleh.

2021s in manual, normal color are 135k plus.

they're on average, the same price as ordering a new one, + 5k ...but 1.5yr wait.

this was pushing me to order one last June/July and within a week the M2 was shown in camo and I put a deposit down the nexts day because of the backseats & my want to take my kiddo places.

needless to say 14mo later I have NO car in my possession lol.
You are getting so fucked on this delivery delay!

Any news/updates? Or is the car still MIA?
2023 M4CX - RIP - WGI Turn 9
2024 M4CX - Week 39
Appreciate 1
KCuv421.50
      08-29-2023, 10:16 AM   #68
KCuv
Platinum Member
Rep
Drives: Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
You are getting so fucked on this delivery delay!

Any news/updates? Or is the car still MIA?
a boat left port today, without my car lol. thats the extent of the update I got. my CA DID tell me "Things are moving, positive vibes for September" - so theres that.
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2023, 03:52 PM   #69
baron95
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIERsr View Post
Okay, but push your own car to the limit, not someone else's.
I don't know the whole story, but I think that was his/their car that he was having a giveaway contest for subscriber, or some other youtuber Sˆ%$.

So, I don't believe (but could be wrong) that he crashed someone else's car.
      08-29-2023, 06:10 PM   #70
clydefrog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Subaru BRZ, G87 M2

Garage List
2024 BMW G87 M2  [0.00]
2013 Subaru BRZ  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron95 View Post
I don't know the whole story, but I think that was his/their car that he was having a giveaway contest for subscriber, or some other youtuber Sˆ%$.

Yep, his car. Confirmed on his Instagram:

Quote:
A quick few words following yesterday's crash with the GR86.

1. Most importantly, both @joeachilles and I are injury-free the day after the impact. Not even sore.

2. THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the overwhelming support you've given me/us in the comments, messages and callls.

3. I woke up to 2 very interesting DMs this morning (see pic 2&3) that confirm the assumption that something (probably a tie rod) broke shortly before impact. There was suddenly 0 feeling on the steering, the car went straight, without squaling of understeer. It also didn't react on braking. Tomorrow the mechanic will be back from his holiday and we'll have a look at 9am and give you full report. Until then, I'm taking rest and enjoying life

4. The car WILL BE REBUILT and still GIVEN AWAY. Many have asked why I haven't shown more compassion to the owner and who's gonna pay for the damages. I forgot that I am mostly driving other people's cars which made you think I crashed someone else's car�� but the GR86 is "mine" (of @gapped.online) and we will be giving the car away FOR FREE when it's rebuilt. So no compassion towards myself here and why I said "sorry forncrashing YOUR car in the end of the video"�� Aside from that, last year's crash with someone else's BMW M4 shown what happens when I break it: I fix it and make it better.

5. Many asked why I've let go of the steering wheel before impact. To avoid further injury against the steering wheel. Daniel Ricciardo broke his wrist in F1 Zandvoort last weekend because of that.

I think that's it for now. Thank you again and see you soon back on track!
Appreciate 3
baron951753.00
baj_baj182.50
      08-30-2023, 12:26 AM   #71
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:

The GR86 was 'his' car, but all the other cars he pushes are not his.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 06:52 AM   #72
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Absolutely.

None of the MPerformance parts actually do anything for performance. Had to explain this to a M4 driver why his fancy BMW wing doesn’t help him at all at Road Atlanta just today. Buyer beware.

If you want max performance out of a stock-ish car, do camber plates, pads, perhaps wheels/tires and keep the stock suspension. It’s amazing.

Also be aware that the new BMW brake by wire system will vary the brake pressures to cover for you without any change in brake pedal feel, even if your brakes are starting to fade.

Again, buyer beware.
You are absolutely wrong my friend; performance gear add millions in revenue to BMW 😉
      08-30-2023, 07:00 AM   #73
Jackie Chiles
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCuv View Post
a boat left port today, without my car lol. thats the extent of the update I got. my CA DID tell me "Things are moving, positive vibes for September" - so theres that.
My CA at the same dealership as yours gave me incorrect information about the whereabouts of my M4 Competition xDrive (RIP) when it arrived this March.

First she told me it arrived when it did not. Then two days later she told me it did not arrive when it actually had. I drove out to the lot after work that evening, and found it parked outside.

She was not apologetic or even embarrassed.

And her failure to communicate with me may have cost her the sale of another M4.

C’est la vie.
2023 M4CX - RIP - WGI Turn 9
2024 M4CX - Week 39
Appreciate 2
KCuv421.50
baron951753.00
      08-30-2023, 07:18 AM   #74
KCuv
Platinum Member
Rep
Drives: Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
My CA at the same dealership as yours gave me incorrect information about the whereabouts of my M4 Competition xDrive (RIP) when it arrived this March.

First she told me it arrived when it did not. Then two days later she told me it did not arrive when it actually had. I drove out to the lot after work that evening, and found it parked outside.

She was not apologetic or even embarrassed.

And her failure to communicate with me may have cost her the sale of another M4.

C’est la vie.
Brutal. I had the 2nd m2 allocation, and had the opportunity to get the 2nd at bmw of Rochester and said nah why bother. In retrospect, that was the better move lol
Appreciate 1
      08-31-2023, 02:37 AM   #75
M2siast
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Well, I’ll be driving Misha’s M2 today at the Nürburgring, hope I’ll crash it to see how he likes it!!!!!

Actually, very much kidding. Deductible is insanely high, please all pray I don’t crash it and come out safe.
Appreciate 3
KCuv421.50
ronin130131002.00
clydefrog288.50
      08-31-2023, 12:05 PM   #76
M2siast
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Family Sedan

Garage List
2023 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
Well, I’ll be driving Misha’s M2 today at the Nürburgring, hope I’ll crash it to see how he likes it!!!!!

Actually, very much kidding. Deductible is insanely high, please all pray I don’t crash it and come out safe.
Now that I know why they call it “green hell”, even more respect for Misha.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
aerobod3724.00
GT3M2177.00
ronin130131002.00
      05-09-2024, 02:12 PM   #77
Celestion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp

Quote:
I specced MP HAS on my build for port install - but I'll be honest, I'm a bit nervous about it, as there is virtually no before/after track reviews or lap times. The best I was able to find is a G80 guy who did some laps on 3 tracks stock, then came back with more camber and KW/MP HAS and did laps and was ˜1.5 sec/lap faster.

Problem is that it was his first time on the tracks stock, then second time with MP HAS, then you have the camber addition. Hardly an apples to apples. He does like how the car handles on track with KW/MP HAS, specially on transitions, though.

So I'm rolling the dice, and none of the tracks I run is nearly as bumpy as some of the N-ring sections.

As to KW vs MP HAS, I see no indication that there is any difference other than the color of the springs. Just like they didn't bother to tune for the G87, they probably didn't change a thing for the G80/82 either. They didn't even have different versions for a G80 xDrive to a G87, two very different versions of the platform.

I think they just slapped an MP label and called it a day. Which is OK - KW is a competent company.

But who knows how well it will work.
Did you pick up your car yet? If so, what do you think of the MP HAS handling dynamics?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 10:56 AM   #78
baron95
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestion View Post
Did you pick up your car yet? If so, what do you think of the MP HAS handling dynamics?
Yes. And I have done 3 track days.

I think the MP HAS has a good balance of handling, comfort and ride height.

On track you do need to set it to sport plus, and even then the rear is still a bit unsettled (moving all the time).

On the street comfort for day to day, sport for the fun roads is all you need - firm but not jarring.

Overall, I’m very happy that I optioned that in. Highly recommended.
      05-13-2024, 12:17 PM   #79
Celestion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 Comp

Quote:

On track you do need to set it to sport plus, and even then the rear is still a bit unsettled (moving all the time).

On the street comfort for day to day, sport for the fun roads is all you need - firm but not jarring.

Helpful. Thank you! I have only driven an auto g87 with the factory springs in sport +. Honestly, it felt just like my g80 M3C, but the ability to step out and drift was noticeably more playful/controllable on the g87.

Pretend that the MP HAS had zero drop... would you option them again purely for their performance characteristics, or do you think the default springs are better suited in that regard?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 08:33 PM   #80
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 6MT

Quote:

Is the rear unsettled during braking or while driving as well?

The M5 comps a few years back introduced “panic braking” where under very heavy breaking the car would add 5-10% rear bias to help it stop better. You had to turn that feature off on track because you would threshold brake to prevent that system from activating, not the ABS!

Wondering if this was somehow carried forward from the F90s to the G8X? I have no idea but when that system kicked in the back would get squirrelly.
      05-14-2024, 11:16 AM   #81
BackOnBlack
Learning to drive again
Rep
Drives: M3CS

Garage List
2024 BMW M3 CS  [10.00]
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
I experienced similar issue during my last DE, under braking. I kept DSC on during wet runs, had no issue with instability under braking, but during damp conditions I switched to MDM, and under 1.1-1.2 g braking, the car was moving around quite a bit under braking.

During dry runs, I switch DSC off completely, and that instability went away mostly. This may be due to how the DSC logic changes the rear diff operations. If the e-diff can simulate 2-way LSD, it would explain the situation well, but I do not know what type of LSD operation is simulates. Even a 1.5-way LSD simulation would explain the situation.
Mr. Hankey1175.50
      05-14-2024, 05:54 PM   #82
baron95
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestion View Post
Helpful. Thank you! I have only driven an auto g87 with the factory springs in sport +. Honestly, it felt just like my g80 M3C, but the ability to step out and drift was noticeably more playful/controllable on the g87.

Pretend that the MP HAS had zero drop... would you option them again purely for their performance characteristics, or do you think the default springs are better suited in that regard?
I drove stock G87 only on the road and controlled M track days. I’m going to venture, but don’t take it as absolute, that the MP HAS is more predictable in transitions and had a lot less understeer.

I’d still take the MP HAS for the driving dynamics alone. But again, it’s doing it from memory, vs driving both back to back. I think they are both good setups. I prefer the MP HAS feel, but it’s not like a night and day thing. Like one is a 7 the other one is an 8.
      05-14-2024, 05:59 PM   #83
baron95
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
Not under braking. But when accelerating hard out of turns and/or pavement ondularions, yes, the rear moves a lot.

It’s like the suspension hits some set of limit and gives up. It’s extremely easy to catch, but I don’t know why BMW couldn’t dial that out. (I’m not talking about a drift or tire limit slide - this is some sort of abrupt moment of the suspension through a portion of the travel - kinda of weird of you ask me).
      05-14-2024, 06:33 PM   #84
BackOnBlack
Learning to drive again
Rep
Drives: M3CS

Garage List
2024 BMW M3 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Not under braking. But when accelerating hard out of turns and/or pavement ondularions, yes, the rear moves a lot.

It’s like the suspension hits some set of limit and gives up. It’s extremely easy to catch, but I don’t know why BMW couldn’t dial that out. (I’m not talking about a drift or tire limit slide - this is some sort of abrupt moment of the suspension through a portion of the travel - kinda of weird of you ask me).
Bump steer, especially with lowered chassis.
      05-15-2024, 01:39 AM   #85
baron95
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackOnBlack View Post
Bump steer, especially with lowered chassis.
Valid thought. But it’s the rear that seems to roll all of a sudden. It’s surprising given how sophisticated the rear suspension is and how primitive the front McOearsin is. It could just be the soft sidewall tires as well.

If I were to guess, the fid would be a stiffer antiroll bar at the rear.

In any event it’s a great car, great suspension, none of these things would be an issue on the street, and easily manageable on track.