E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > N52 Vibration Damper/Crank Hub removal

05-18-2024, 10:30 AM   #1
bxrcea
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

Angry N52 Vibration Damper/Crank Hub removal

Hi everyone! While in the process of changing my timing chain, one of the bolts that hold the crank pulley/vibration damper is completely rounded off. I tried hammering an E10 on it, it didnt work, even using an impact like i did with the other bolts didnt work, in fact it made it worse.
I was wondering if i could remove the central crank hub bolt and have the damper come off with the hub. The crank is obviously locked using the flywheel locking pin at the back of the engine. I also have the OEM crankshaft holder tool, but since i cannot remove the damper, i cant use it. Is it safe to use an impact to remove the central crank bolt with just the locking pin holding the crank? I'm really trying to avoid removing the entire front end and drilling the crank pulley bolt.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0