E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Trifecta ABS/TC/Brake [Help?]

06-09-2024, 06:37 AM   #1
Winnn
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E93

Trifecta ABS/TC/Brake [Help?]

Hi all,

Car: 2009 E93 M3 (UK)

Long story short, I did something dumb today: I installed a symphony ambient lights kit on the door panels, in place of the original lights. I left all connections intact, to avoid error codes and instead drew power from the lighter via independent cables to the front left (passenger), and both rear sides. - for these to work with car lights on automatic (as otherwise they wouldn't receive 12v during the day and they would be off). I've run the cable of the front right door through the door mesh, next to the OEM cables "bus/pin" connector, without disconnecting anything.

That being said, everything was fine until I drove off. I then got a persistent trifecta in the dash (ABS/TC/Brake). I tried clearing the codes with Bimmerlink initially, they clear successfully and then come back.

I then tried to use INPA to read all memory and clear the codes that way -> same issue -> codes get cleared, I drive away, same errors pop-up.

I opened the front right panel, footwell, as well as the driver's side footwell to check for any loose connectors, without luck.

The error codes that I am getting are: DSC (5D93) and EDC (5FF1, 5FF8).

I then checked the modules and the front-left speed sensor is not working. On the DSC sensors however, while all others are fine, I see a -5.19 "offset steering angle [grad] (-5 to 5 range) that shows up as red; but that never caused an issue before and I didn't fiddle with the steering wheel. Temperatures and voltages are fine.

I did notice a strange behaviour of the left side ambient lights. They turned off and on for a brief time while running INPA. Possibly connected to the issue.

Also worth noting that I did not have these codes before. I did take the wheels off and put them back on recently, but I've been driving for a week without any issues, so I wouldn't think it's related. Too much of a coincidence for this to happen right after I drew power to those lights.

I am lost and was hoping that anyone here might know what the issue could be / what else I could try.

Later Edit: Hooked up ISTA+ and am getting the same issues. Front-left speed sensor not working (tried to drive and measure and returns 0).

Could it be that this is just an insane coincidence and that my left ABS sensor is bust? Thoughts? Thank you
Attached Images

Last edited by Winnn; 06-09-2024 at 10:26 AM..
Appreciate 0