E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Couple electronic issues

06-11-2024, 10:28 AM   #1
Eric Margarit
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i Convertible

Couple electronic issues

Hi, I have a couple of electronic issues on my 2011 bmw 328i convertible. First issue I’m having is the windows go down auto but won’t come up auto I’ve tried to do the bring window up and hold for an amount of time but that didn’t work. Second my keyless push to start doesn’t work I’ve changed the battery in the key and doesn’t work I always have to insert it, if I insert the key turn ignition on take the key out and then start the car it will work, it has worked before. Third when I try putting the top down the windows are supposed to go down by themselves but they don’t I have to put them down first and then start putting the top down and the same thing when putting it back up at the end the windows are supposed to come back up but only the back ones do. Im also having problems with the key range it only unlocks my vehicle if I’m really close to it I also know it should be able to put my top down by holding a button on my key fob but it doesn’t work. If anyone has any answers to any of my questions it would help out a bunch thank you.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2024, 01:02 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Is this car new to you ?
IN the US the windows are only programmed to go down due to US regulations
you can program them to go both way's in some cases like if you have
Comfort Access. (Go to the coding subforum to find out how)
Not sure how the top option works with a Convert.
Keyless starting and door entry only works if you have the Comfort Access
Option . There will be little ridges on the driver door if you have it .
Also to find out what options your car came with use
Mdecoder.com

If you have Comfort Access the battery's in the Fobs are replaceable but it will usually tell you if they are low.
You would have better luck in the general section with this question.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=714181

Last edited by ctuna; 06-11-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Appreciate 0