E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > N55 dct swap questions

06-13-2024, 07:33 PM   #1
sleeeper90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

N55 dct swap questions

Hey guys, like the title says I'm just trying to do some research on dct swapping my E92 11 335i. I know its doable but I'd just like some input if any of you have experience with this. I've got a local guy that is parting out his 135i that he swapped a dct into from he says an 11 335is.

I'm just wanting to know what all I would need to have a successful swap, as far as coding and extra parts goes

He says it comes with everything I need to drop it in which is
Dct 7 speed
Dct shifter
Dct flywheel
Dct axles
Dct driveshaft
Dct rear diff
Trans harness
Gws/ parking lock and sports mode connectors

One thing I think might be different is the driveshaft, since its in a 135, I don't think 335 & 135 are the same but I could be wrong. And I'd like to try and verify the flywheel is correct to put in my car too, I've heard new ones are fairly expensive.. and since this is a n54 car I believe those are different too, unless he happens to have one for N55 laying around.
Anyone have any input on this or can think of anything else I might need or need to do to the car to get it working? As far as coding goes what needs to happen with that? Im assuming it would need to be coded to the car.
Also asking price is 2300, does that seem fair for all of this, definitely seems a bit cheaper than the swaps I've looked at in the past.

Thanks for any input, just trying to see what I might be getting myself into.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2024, 08:59 AM   #2
sleeeper90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2024, 08:54 AM   #3
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeeper90 View Post
Anyone?
you will also need an oil cooler solution...

besides all teh hardware, it takes coding and re-wiring. if auto to DCT then there are some writeups that will give you the general idea. If manual to DCT i've done it and there was a lot more wiring to do since the manual doesn't have an auto shifter in place.
Appreciate 0