E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Blower Motor Not Running

05-31-2024, 10:41 AM   #1
wposey
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 328i 3.0L N52

Blower Motor Not Running

I recently replaced both the resistor and the blower motor itself, and the fan is still not working. I checked voltages going IN to the resistor, and they read fine at 12V, and then checked the control wire and it ranged from 0.01 when the fan was on at all to 0.00 when the fan was off.

The weird thing is that despite having replaced the final stage resistor and ensuring that it is getting current there is no output at all to the motor itself. The motor will not turn on at all, and all I can assume is it has to be something to do with the control wire and or module.

Checked codes for AC and got code 0x27 which is for the blower motor, but I have no clue how to proceed from here.

I have removed and opened up the IHKA to ensure there was no damage but it all seems just fine?

Any hunches on if it needs programming, needs to have the code cleared, or if the module itself is faulty?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my daily and we are reaching 95 degrees daily in Florida with no ac. Thanks!

UPDATE: I have tried applying 12v current directly to the blower motor and it spins just fine, so I know the motor isn't the problem. I also borrowed a second IHKA module that was also functioning and it still did not turn on the fan. Completely lost as to what this could be as I have basically replaced every part yet it still doesn't function??

Last edited by wposey; 06-02-2024 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: Updates
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2024, 09:15 PM   #2
scarn
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325XI

any update on this? Dealing with the exact same thing!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2024, 08:59 PM   #3
Greazywxrld
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

Garage List
BMW 328i  [0.00]
Had this issue myself a while back, took it to the dealership for a recall on the blower motor wiring and fixed it. You could try checking on that?
Appreciate 0