E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > VTT outlets with OEM turbo's

07-10-2024, 09:00 AM   #1
kisarci
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

VTT outlets with OEM turbo's

Hey all,

I got my hands on VTT turbo outlet and figured I'd just install it. My question is, since I am running OEM turbo's, do I need a new tune? Or is the DME able to automatically adjust for the slight difference?

Through research, I've learned that upgraded outlets do not do much for OEM turbo's and the gains are negligible for a daily driver. So I figured I wouldn't need a new tune but just wanted to double check.

Any input and advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance.
      07-10-2024, 12:02 PM   #2
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep

Honestly, unless you are making well over 600hp, the stock outlets aren't holding you back....and they don't have constantly leaking/melting issues like the aftermarket ones. My car ran a 10.90 at the track with stock outlets......
2007 335i, BMS DCI, BMS Chargepipe w/Tial BOV, ARM Catless Downpipes, silicone inlets, Bilstein B12 Prokit Suspension, Whiteline subframe bushings, Front/Rear M3 control arms, G-Plus FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP, Custom E40 tune by Justin (V8Bait), xHP stage 3 transmission flash, RB Two Turbos....10.90 @ 128mph
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2024, 02:32 PM   #3
kisarci
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the response! I understand what you are saying. That's awesome you ran 10.90!

I was just going to install it because I got it for free and have some time on my hands. The VTT one is aluminum and I was going to put gold heat wrap around the silicone part of the connection so I feel like I will be good in terms of melting issues. I just figured why not install it if I don't need a re-tune.

So my main question is, do I need a re-tune for changing only the outlets? Or can the DME automatically adjust for the slight difference without issues.
      07-10-2024, 03:03 PM   #4
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisarci View Post
Thanks for the response! I understand what you are saying. That's awesome you ran 10.90!

I was just going to install it because I got it for free and have some time on my hands. The VTT one is aluminum and I was going to put gold heat wrap around the silicone part of the connection so I feel like I will be good in terms of melting issues. I just figured why not install it if I don't need a re-tune.

So my main question is, do I need a re-tune for changing only the outlets? Or can the DME automatically adjust for the slight difference without issues.
If you are staying with stock turbos, I think you should be fine. It's not going to change things enough where you would need to mess with your tune
2007 335i, BMS DCI, BMS Chargepipe w/Tial BOV, ARM Catless Downpipes, silicone inlets, Bilstein B12 Prokit Suspension, Whiteline subframe bushings, Front/Rear M3 control arms, G-Plus FMIC, Stage 2 LPFP, Custom E40 tune by Justin (V8Bait), xHP stage 3 transmission flash, RB Two Turbos....10.90 @ 128mph
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2024, 03:07 PM   #5
kisarci
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
If you are staying with stock turbos, I think you should be fine. It's not going to change things enough where you would need to mess with your tune
Sweet, sounds good! I don't track my car and I am not planning on doing anything crazy to it. I like to practice working on cars and since I have a free part and time, I figured I'd give it a go.

Thanks again man!