E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Clearing SRS codes after replacing parts

07-11-2024, 04:03 PM   #1
lextalion
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 325i

Clearing SRS codes after replacing parts

Hey fellas, bought a 2006 330i a few months back. It's a rebuild that was certified out of state. Tried to get it tagged and learned that I have to have it reinspected in state to tag it. SRS light does not self check so I've been buying and replacing parts here and there and I think everything has been fixed at this point.

Replaced seat belt pretensioners all the way around, installed a bypass for the seat occupancy sensor, and cleaned the contacts on the BST since I read that if it had been deployed the car wouldn't start.

My question now is what should I purchase to clear the codes and get my SRS light self checking? Car drives great and I am excited to get it on the road. Have read that INPA should work, as well as bimmergeeks protools, and I'm just wondering what is the simplest way to get this done.

Also if someone could verify what I heard about the BST that would be awesome. If it's something I need to replace as well I'd like to go ahead and get it ordered.
Appreciate 0