E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Boot won't open... grrrr

07-11-2024, 05:00 AM   #1
Dawntreader
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 323i 2009

Boot won't open... grrrr

bmw e90 2009 323i boot/trunk will not open, either with the fob or from inside the car release button, the valet switch is working fine, there is no emergency wire pull inside the boot and no wire to grab from the outside of the boot behind the handle. The boot open error comes on the dashboard even though the boot is locked, goes boing after releasing the brake after a stop. I also have a rear fog light error coming on at roughly the same time, so I am assuming the wiring loom from body to trunk is faulty. What i need is a way to open the boot/trunk, there is power to the vehicle, the fuses are ok and there is no manual release inside the boot, that i can find. Any ideas greatly appreciated. PS there is no keyhole either
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2024, 05:09 PM   #2
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawntreader View Post
bmw e90 2009 323i boot/trunk will not open, either with the fob or from inside the car release button, the valet switch is working fine, there is no emergency wire pull inside the boot and no wire to grab from the outside of the boot behind the handle. The boot open error comes on the dashboard even though the boot is locked, goes boing after releasing the brake after a stop. I also have a rear fog light error coming on at roughly the same time, so I am assuming the wiring loom from body to trunk is faulty. What i need is a way to open the boot/trunk, there is power to the vehicle, the fuses are ok and there is no manual release inside the boot, that i can find. Any ideas greatly appreciated. PS there is no keyhole either
If there is no key hole and no emergency tab to pull and there is power etc but locking mechanism is not working then I'm afraid you will need professional help on this one.

The usual fixes such as connecting power to the terminals in the engine bay to power the car up, using the key hole or accessing the boot via the cabin and pulling the emergency tab dont apply in your case... so sorry to say you are out of options
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2024, 05:26 PM   #3
lordnikon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Break My Wallet

Garage List
BMW removing the key hole in the trunk is dumbest thing ever
Appreciate 0