E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > New BMW print ad - "That's why we don't have front wheel drives"

06-14-2006, 05:31 PM   #67
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
just outa curiosity... do you know where we might be able to buy/"borrow"/steal these posters?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 05:52 PM   #68
rchanou
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Jet Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2024, 01:12 PM   #69
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
I know this thread is as old as Methuselah and doesn’t actually apply to BMW anymore, but I just wanted to clarify something. I read the whole thread and if I gathered correctly only the rabbit was in the original post. Still, even after the other two animals were posted it seems a lot of folks couldn’t figure it out.

So, just for clarity: all three pictures show an animal with its powerful hind legs on the front and its front legs on the back. Because, as has been mentioned, power from the rear is the best and most natural design and power from the front is not. I’m surprised no one pointed out the horse and the frog both have their back legs on the front.

I got here today because I was telling a friend about this ad as we were discussing FWD vs RWD.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Last edited by tturedraider; 07-17-2024 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 2
      07-17-2024, 12:51 AM   #70
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I know this thread is as old as Methuselah and doesn’t actually apply to BMW anymore, but I just wanted to clarify something. I read the whole thread and if I gathered correctly only the rabbit was in the original post. Still, even after the other two animals were posted it seems a lot of folks couldn’t figure it out.

So, just for clarity: all three pictures show an animal with its powerful hind legs on the front and its rear legs on the back. Because, as has been mentioned, power from the rear is the best and most natural design and power from the front is not. I’m surprised no one pointed out the horse and the frog both have their back legs on the front.

I got here today because I was telling a friend about this ad as we were discussing FWD vs RWD.
2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2024, 01:52 PM   #71
RealJ22
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 CT200h Cayman Boxster RC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post

So, just for clarity: all three pictures show an animal with its powerful hind legs on the front and its front legs on the back. Because, as has been mentioned, power from the rear is the best and most natural design and power from the front is not. I’m surprised no one pointed out the horse and the frog both have their back legs on the front.

Good seeing something funny for once.

I actually have a "Friend" who tried to say that FWD is the best because weight over the axle lol.... Drive wheels =/= steering wheels. lol.
      07-20-2024, 03:15 PM   #72
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJ22 View Post
Good seeing something funny for once.

I actually have a "Friend" who tried to say that FWD is the best because weight over the axle lol.... Drive wheels =/= steering wheels. lol.
Yeah, that’s the typical pitch for FWD’s advantage in inclement weather. And there’s some truth to that, but I don’t want to drive every day like I’m in inclement weather, I want to have fun!!
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!