E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Feb 09 E90 navigation update questions

07-15-2024, 11:24 AM   #1
Gorio
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Feb 09 E90 navigation update questions

First let me apologize if this information is available and I have not managed to find it.

I have a Feb 09 E90 328i with the CIC. It has the USB sockets in the glove compartment and the console. It will accept Navi updates via DVD's but I have not seen any current DVD updates available.
I have tried various map updates via the glove compartment USB and I get nothing at all. Almost like that socket is not connected to anything. The console USB works fine for audio stuff.

My questions are

What is the latest update available on DVD?

Is it possible to convert the USB maps to work on DVD's?

Is there to make my glove compartment USB function for map updates?

I have heard people talk about a circle with a tick in it shown on the lower left on the Navi screen and this indicating that the unit should do USB updates. Can anyone show me a photo of what this looks like?

Looking forward to finding answers from those that know so much about these cars.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2024, 07:01 PM   #2
m_thompson
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M-Sport 128i, 328xi, 3.0CS

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
1972 3.0CS  [10.00]
If you have very early software in your CIC it will not update via the USB socket. The symbol at the bottom left of the screen that indicates the newer software looks like this:

Name:  Ckeck Mark.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  1.8 KB