E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Battery replacement making me lose my mind

07-22-2024, 07:58 PM   #1
JoshS98
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Battery replacement making me lose my mind

Hey, I got a 2006 325i, one owner before me, super low mileage. Thought this was a great purchase for $2500. I'm starting to regret everything with how frustrating a simple battery replacement is.

I've been trying to figure out how to Code and Register my new battery basically all day. The battery in my car was an 90a Acid style battery, I want to replace it with an AGM battery that is 80a.

I followed option 5 on this post https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1338302

Everything went successfully according to the messages but when I go to verify the changes in INPA it still shows 91a.

I feel completely lost here. About to just go to the dealer as much as I'd like to avoid that after spending $200 on a laptop and a whole day setting up INPA and ISTA+ and ISTA/P

Maybe I should just get BimmerCode and BimmerLink on an android phone and use the K/DCAN cable I got with that.

Anyone at all have a different guide? Or any idea on what I am doing wrong? Maybe even a video? Everything I've found people are using scan tools and not BMW software on a laptop.

Just downloaded bimmercode and it's showing it's coded as a 80ah_AGM, why does INPA say the battery capacity is 91ah?

Last edited by JoshS98; 07-23-2024 at 12:53 AM..
Appreciate 0