E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Yet another noise complaint

07-24-2024, 05:33 PM   #1
uglypedro
Rep
Drives: 04 g35, 11 328i

Yet another noise complaint

Only this one's weird.
Installed Morel tweeters and 4" in the doors. sounded much nicer. Got a Technic's Harness to go with an old Alpine PDX 4x100 I had. Also bought a couple Focal 8" for under the seats, but havent installed them yet. Before I even get the car started, I can hear a buzz. It's still there after starting engine, and there after removing fob.
The remote wire for the amp is coming off the Technic Harness. First thought the cause was a shitty ground, but that doesnt explain the sound being constant, even with the engine off and fob removed.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 12:55 AM   #2
uglypedro
Rep
Drives: 04 g35, 11 328i

update

After a while the buzz stopped. not sure how long it took as I didn't check for a couple of hours. Could have been 5 minutes or an hour...or my battery died...no the light came on. Was tempted to find a better ground, but that wouldn't account for the buzz when ignition is off.

I've installed 3 or 4 complete systems but never had a noise problem. Everything I think of wouldn't keep the buzz going with the power off.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 12:07 PM   #3
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

So can we assume you had have the Hi Fi system .
And of course you set the levels .

The stereo does not turn off until the car goes to sleep as it uses it for the gongs and warnings.
Despite the idrive or pro radio screen being off.
You probably knew that though.
Appreciate 0