E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vacuum noise under boost - n54

07-25-2024, 03:21 PM   #1
polare60
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e60 535xi

Vacuum noise under boost - n54

Over the past month, I have noticed a low hum vacuum sound when the car goes into boost. It sounds very similar to a household vacuum, but is very quite and at a low tone. It used to happen occasionally, but now happens every time the car hits boost. It gets harder to hear as the engine hits higher rpms, but is very present to me at around 1.5-2.5k. It is also heard when letting off, again in time with the rest of the boost getting to the DV's. With all of this being said, I haven't noticed a significant lost in power, if any, along with no codes.

I have looked at most of the lines, canisters, and around the charge pipe, but haven't seen anything definitive. I have new o rings for the DV's and charge pipe, as well as new vacuum lines on order.

I am worried that it might be something worse than that, given that it is perfectly in time with going into and out of boost Any Ideas of what to look at next if these don't fix the issue?
Appreciate 0