E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Boot not opening off keyfob since coding

11-28-2020, 04:34 PM   #1
Ste_c1989
Rep
Drives: Bmw E90 M-Sport

Boot not opening off keyfob since coding

Hi so I purchased bimmercode and a adapter to carry out some coding on my 2009 BMW 318D the only changes I made was activating DRL's and turning off voltage monitoring on my angel eyes, headlamps and reverse lamps as I have fitted LED bulbs. Now since coding my boot does not open off the keyfob it still opens off the boot switch and it locks and unlocks as it should with the central locking.... I have searched all available module's listed in bimmercode available for my vehicle to see if It mentions anything about the boot but im unable to find anything. Any help at all on what could have happend for this to happen would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Ste
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 04:41 PM   #2
AUDELA
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i N53 3.0L (E93) 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste_c1989 View Post
Hi so I purchased bimmercode and a adapter to carry out some coding on my 2009 BMW 318D the only changes I made was activating DRL's and turning off voltage monitoring on my angel eyes, headlamps and reverse lamps as I have fitted LED bulbs. Now since coding my boot does not open off the keyfob it still opens off the boot switch and it locks and unlocks as it should with the central locking.... I have searched all available module's listed in bimmercode available for my vehicle to see if It mentions anything about the boot but im unable to find anything. Any help at all on what could have happend for this to happen would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Ste
I recently did the same with my 07 325i - made just a couple of changes to convertible top speed, folding mirrors on lock. My boot doesn't seem to open with the fob now. It might be worth sending a support ticket as the developer Stephan is very responsive.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 05:14 PM   #3
Ste_c1989
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDELA View Post
I recently did the same with my 07 325i - made just a couple of changes to convertible top speed, folding mirrors on lock. My boot doesn't seem to open with the fob now. It might be worth sending a support ticket as the developer Stephan is very responsive.
Thanks for the reply. Im fairly new to this forum and not found my way around it yet haha how would I go about sending a support ticket? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Thanks ste
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 05:25 PM   #4
AUDELA
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Thanks for the reply. Im fairly new to this forum and not found my way around it yet haha how would I go about sending a support ticket? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Thanks ste
You can do it directly from the app. Go to the gearbox in bottom right. See below.

If you manage to figure out how to fix please do share!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 02:34 PM   #5
Ste_c1989
Rep

Quote:
You can do it directly from the app. Go to the gearbox in bottom right. See below.

Hello mate just a quick update, I emailed the support team from bimmercode but still not received a reply back yet. But I also put another post about the fault I was having in the BMW coding section on this forum and a guy replied to me telling me to restore the module that I had programmed and to re code them one by one to find out what the cause was...
So I restored my FRM module from the back ups bimmercode created on my device and my boot started working again so as I was re coding I was testing my boot after each one, I've completed all the codings again and my boot is still working as it should so maybe when you code multiple things at once it can play havoc with other electrical components so I would also recommend you trying this.
Thank you for your help on recommending to contact bimmercode support.
Thanks
Ste
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 03:20 PM   #6
AUDELA
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hello mate just a quick update, I emailed the support team from bimmercode but still not received a reply back yet. But I also put another post about the fault I was having in the BMW coding section on this forum and a guy replied to me telling me to restore the module that I had programmed and to re code them one by one to find out what the cause was...
So I restored my FRM module from the back ups bimmercode created on my device and my boot started working again so as I was re coding I was testing my boot after each one, I've completed all the codings again and my boot is still working as it should so maybe when you code multiple things at once it can play havoc with other electrical components so I would also recommend you trying this.
Thank you for your help on recommending to contact bimmercode support.
Thanks
Ste
Oh thanks. That's super helpful. I'll definitely try to do the same. I haven't tried a restore yet but assume it's not too difficult. Will let you know. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 03:24 PM   #7
Ste_c1989
Rep

Quote:
Oh thanks. That's super helpful. I'll definitely try to do the same. I haven't tried a restore yet but assume it's not too difficult. Will let you know. Cheers!
Its not no once your connected too your car and it gives you the list of the available modules for your vehicle click on the module that you have carried out coding on and in the top right hand side corner you will see three little dots press these and select restore and then re code everything one by one while testing your boot after each one. Let us know if this works for you too
Thanks
Ste
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 03:27 PM   #8
AUDELA
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Its not no once your connected too your car and it gives you the list of the available modules for your vehicle click on the module that you have carried out coding on and in the top right hand side corner you will see three little dots press these and select restore and then re code everything one by one while testing your boot after each one. Let us know if this works for you too
Thanks
Ste
Thanks. May go and try it now. Just to know, after each one you code are you disconnecting Bimmercode, taking key out and testing the trunk from outside? Then restarting ignition (engine off) and reconnecting Bimmercode?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 04:08 PM   #9
Ste_c1989
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. May go and try it now. Just to know, after each one you code are you disconnecting Bimmercode, taking key out and testing the trunk from outside? Then restarting ignition (engine off) and reconnecting Bimmercode?

I didnt disconnect bimmercode I just took the key out of the ignition made sure the car was unlocked and then tried the boot and then just put key back in ignition on and code something else and then same again key out try boot key back in code again
Appreciate 1
AUDELA1.50
      11-30-2020, 11:50 AM   #10
AUDELA
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

I didnt disconnect bimmercode I just took the key out of the ignition made sure the car was unlocked and then tried the boot and then just put key back in ignition on and code something else and then same again key out try boot key back in code again
Quick update to say that after a restore and coding one by one it seems my boot now opens as it should. It's odd though. It doesn't always work on first click. Sometimes have to push twice. But not a big deal.

I had to actually backup the Car Access System. It seems that was the one that stopped it from working for me, not the FRM.

I also managed to get the Panic Alarm to activate by holding boot button.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2024, 04:07 AM   #11
asc1939
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive20d

Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks
Ste
I wish I knew what you did… this is exactly what i want to achieve. i.e. disable the fob button for the boot. This is because ‘sitting’ on the fob it opens the boot without my knowledge. Seems to be a common happenstance.
BMW garage want £144 plus vat to do this.
Appreciate 0