E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Serpentine belt sucked through crankcase pulley

08-06-2024, 06:23 AM   #1
beenis
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Serpentine belt sucked through crankcase pulley

So recently my serpentine belt shredded itself due to a crack in my power steering pulley. I got the new pulley and belt in the car, but upon inspecting what was left of the pulley that broke, i noticed that there appeared to be a pretty large amount missing. bits and pieces were scattered at rhe bottom of the engine bay but i believe some of it got sucked through the crankcase pulley. I’m not sure what the best action is to take at this time, but ik it can lead to some pretty major issues for the engine. Does anyone have any suggestions? I’m mechanically inclined but limited with my tools
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2024, 06:34 AM   #2
beenis
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

i did just read something saying it would be pretty obvious if the pulley broke through the seal behind the crankcase pulley, as oil would be every where, and i haven’t seen any extra oil leakage but im not sure how true that is
Appreciate 0