E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > NAV - enter new location

08-05-2024, 11:08 AM   #1
Bimnoowbie
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1 series F40

NAV - enter new location

New to BMW with my new 1 series F40.
Trying to set a HOME location in my NAV without having a street or house number. Does anyone know if it is possible to set a HOME location manually?
For example using a 'destination', or a 'favourite', or a 'dropped pin', or using 'long/latitude', or even 'current location' which can then become my HOME setting. The post code option is not accurate enough, .....well wrong destination really.
The destination I have is a street which exists on the map, but the street has no name (really!).
I've been through approximately 8 BMW tech support people with most just telling me to put in the street name and house number (why don't they listen?). The last one told me to contact Here Technologies directly - they do the mapping for BMW etc - and get them to put the spot I want on their map so I can get it next update. I've done that, but that's a daft way!....and I don't expect anything other than them telling me to go to my BMW dealership.
Surely there is a way to manually enter a HOME instead of the street name/house number method. It's the only NAV system I have used that doesn't have a manual input for this.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2024, 04:34 PM   #2
kolopn
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 325i N52B25

In my CIC in E92 I have inserted home address in "office" or something like that, so I have basically myself as a contact.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2024, 07:58 AM   #3
Bimnoowbie
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1 series F40

Thanks kolopn, I didn't think to try that.
Since your posting I tried, and it's the same issue; street name required.
I did find there is the option with HERE Technology (the people who own the mapping) to put your location on their map system..... https://mapcreator.here.com/
Not what I want to do, but it's an option for all.
😉
Appreciate 0