E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > How it install INPA/ISTA on M1/M2 MacBook

06-08-2024, 02:06 PM   #23
BOBDAMAGE
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw 328xi

Garage List
2011 BMW 328XI  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezs9 View Post
anywhere I can find a qemu VM file contains all the software?
I will do a check and let you know
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2024, 07:25 AM   #24
jordi992
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: jordi992

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBDAMAGE View Post
I’m currently seeding the link
Anyone else able to seed this?
MMP S3 Turbos - MMP Relocation Inlets - VRSF CP w/TiAL - Mfactory Twin disc clutch - Catless DP - VRSF 7.5" Race Intercooler - KW V3 - HPF V2 exhaust - CF High Kick Spoiler - OZ Superleggera 3pc wheels #Blessed
Instagram
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2024, 08:49 AM   #25
Kac309
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46 320Ci, E89 23i

Is there any chance someone can reseed the torrent?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2024, 10:00 PM   #26
applehugger
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 an BMW E83

Hi everyone. I am not sure if anyone has run into this issue, but it has really been frustrating me.

In the video on the first page, it goes over that it is necessary to change the latency settings of the virtual COM port. Unfortunately, the "Port Settings" tab in the Properties window is missing on my machine. I used the driver right from the first post and installed as per the video several dozen times. Here is the only thing I see:

ISTA does not recognize the cable and gives a connection error when trying to identify the vehicle. I am running a 14" Macbook Pro with the M1 Pro processor.

Note that when I use this cable on my Windows 7 laptop that has BMW Standard Tools installed, I do see the port settings tab. This cable works great for INPA, NCS Expert, etc. on that Windows laptop.

Any help or thoughts on this mysterious issue would be much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2024, 06:11 PM   #27
MaX PL
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Is there a special procedure for using a ENET cable to connect to the car? It's Enet to USB-A cable connected to a USB-A to USB-C cable and then to the Mac.

Do I still need to go through the USB driver install procedure mentioned here?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2024, 06:17 PM   #28
BOBDAMAGE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 328XI  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by applehugger View Post
Hi everyone. I am not sure if anyone has run into this issue, but it has really been frustrating me.

In the video on the first page, it goes over that it is necessary to change the latency settings of the virtual COM port. Unfortunately, the "Port Settings" tab in the Properties window is missing on my machine. I used the driver right from the first post and installed as per the video several dozen times. Here is the only thing I see:

ISTA does not recognize the cable and gives a connection error when trying to identify the vehicle. I am running a 14" Macbook Pro with the M1 Pro processor.

Note that when I use this cable on my Windows 7 laptop that has BMW Standard Tools installed, I do see the port settings tab. This cable works great for INPA, NCS Expert, etc. on that Windows laptop.

Any help or thoughts on this mysterious issue would be much appreciated!
If you aren’t seeing the port settings then it’s likely that you have parallels set up somewhat incorrectly that prohibits the editing of the ports available. I can assist remotely if you’d like via AnyDesk
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2024, 06:19 PM   #29
BOBDAMAGE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 328XI  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezs9 View Post
anywhere I can find a qemu VM file contains all the software?
I’ll
Build one and have it available as soon as possible
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2024, 06:24 PM   #30
BOBDAMAGE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 328XI  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX PL View Post
Is there a special procedure for using a ENET cable to connect to the car? It's Enet to USB-A cable connected to a USB-A to USB-C cable and then to the Mac.

Do I still need to go through the USB driver install procedure mentioned here?
There’s no special procedure for using Enet cables with ista. However, do understands that your car uses a fibre optic connection which means that you may experience packet loss if you have too much connections. My recommendation is simply to get a Enet to usb-c adapter. Also, ensure that you have the car completely off before connecting the cable. After which you’ll then make your connection and then turn on ignition. You can use the zgw search and see the ip address before using ista to connect.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2024, 07:49 PM   #31
Jaylato
Jaylato
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 640i XDrive

Anybody else having this issue when trying to open the “Read Text” document in OCX Repair Files?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2024, 04:49 PM   #32
dima_pa
Professional gearhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330ix 20', VW Tiguan 22'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBDAMAGE View Post
There’s no special procedure for using Enet cables with ista. However, do understands that your car uses a fibre optic connection which means that you may experience packet loss if you have too much connections. My recommendation is simply to get a Enet to usb-c adapter. Also, ensure that you have the car completely off before connecting the cable. After which you’ll then make your connection and then turn on ignition. You can use the zgw search and see the ip address before using ista to connect.
Hey, could give me an advice if I actually need 369 GB of memory to install ista I’m asking since my Mac only had 256 GB and I’m curious if that means that it won’t be possible to install it
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2024, 08:59 AM   #33
BOBDAMAGE
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 328XI  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dima_pa View Post
Hey, could give me an advice if I actually need 369 GB of memory to install ista I’m asking since my Mac only had 256 GB and I’m curious if that means that it won’t be possible to install it
You’ll need more storage to install and operate the software. My best advice is to purchase a 1 or 2 terabyte external ssd and install the software there. If you check out my YouTube channel you’ll see where I’ve shown how that can be done.

Link to YouTube: https://youtube.com/@rostech_automotive
Appreciate 0