Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Opinions on wheels and coils for E92

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-01-2024, 08:27 AM   #1
DrewsBlueE92
Rep
Drives: E92 328XI

Opinions on wheels and coils for E92

Hey guys. To run it down fast, i definitely want to get some new wheels. Im thinking about going with 19s instead of the stock 17s that are on it right now. Im also thinking about going a little lower, however, i do daily this car, and we do ger some pretty bad snowstorms in the winter. Im worried that itl be too low for comfort when the winter hits. Im looking to get more of a flush fitment. If theres a way to get that without having to lower the car, let me know! Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2024, 07:14 PM   #2
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

I’d keep those wheels for winter, I wouldn’t want to subject new wheels to Michigan winters. The car would struggle a little with 19” wheels and I don’t know what local roads are like but 19” wheels would be a tight fit plus lower ratio tires wouldn’t be a great ride. I just replaced my stock 18” 189’s with VMR 703’s and I’m very happy with the look and performance. I debated for a little while but commonsense prevailed. I am on stock Sport suspension and I couldn’t imagine going lower with coil overs, I had to replace the shocks and mounting hardware to raise it 1/4” to not rub.
Attached Images

08-01-2024, 07:40 PM   #3
mattanderson
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 328i

If more flush is your goal, you can always just get some 12mm or 15mm spacers for your stockers.

After I did my suspension and added a bit of negative camber, the stock wheels looked super sunken. 12mm spacers all around fixed that while still looking OEM+. On my pre-LCi and with my camber settings, 15mm would have fit no problem.

If you're running stock camber, I would stick with 12mm in the front. If your car is LCi (8mm wider rear track than pre-LCi), stick with 12mm rear, as well. Pre-LCi can get away with 20mm rear if you're going for max flushness.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2024, 02:15 PM   #4
DrewsBlueE92
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
I’d keep those wheels for winter, I wouldn’t want to subject new wheels to Michigan winters. The car would struggle a little with 19” wheels and I don’t know what local roads are like but 19” wheels would be a tight fit plus lower ratio tires wouldn’t be a great ride. I just replaced my stock 18” 189’s with VMR 703’s and I’m very happy with the look and performance. I debated for a little while but commonsense prevailed. I am on stock Sport suspension and I couldn’t imagine going lower with coil overs, I had to replace the shocks and mounting hardware to raise it 1/4” to not rub.
Its been a while but i truly forgot to respond to these. I think your fitment looks perfect. Youve got exactly what im looking to do, so il for sure take your advice, maybe rhe stock suspension is something il do in the future too as the shocks are already starting to go bad. Thanks again for your response!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2024, 02:16 PM   #5
DrewsBlueE92
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattanderson View Post
If more flush is your goal, you can always just get some 12mm or 15mm spacers for your stockers.

After I did my suspension and added a bit of negative camber, the stock wheels looked super sunken. 12mm spacers all around fixed that while still looking OEM+. On my pre-LCi and with my camber settings, 15mm would have fit no problem.

If you're running stock camber, I would stick with 12mm in the front. If your car is LCi (8mm wider rear track than pre-LCi), stick with 12mm rear, as well. Pre-LCi can get away with 20mm rear if you're going for max flushness.
I have debated on getting spacers for a while, ive heard spacers are bad for the suspension however. Ive never really bought a pair and used them myself. I have a 2011 LCI, so from my understanding, you reccomend going 12mm rear and front?
Appreciate 0