E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Replacement Keyfobs

08-29-2024, 12:11 PM   #1
Stoatmaster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 330i M Sport (MT)

Replacement Keyfobs

Hi,

My wife has a habit of losing my car keys, so now I am on my sole remaining key.

No doubt the other 2 are hidden in the house somewhere, but I would like a spare on hand.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get a replacement that actually works. I purchased he spare a while back from a locksmith which wasn't OE and it was pretty good quality. I see plenty online but would prefer a recommendation.

I can get a chap to code it for me, just need the blank.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2024, 12:41 PM   #2
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

As long as it isn't the comfort access, BMW is quick and painless. They always show "Backordered" on the BMW parts guy's computer but the key and fob just need to be programmed for your car before shipment. Once you get the key, unlock the car with the fob you have and stick the new one in the ignition, this initiates the key. Set up all your memory functions for the new key and you are done.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 0