E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E90 trying to code FRM but having error

08-27-2022, 11:56 AM   #1
onthemix
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

E90 trying to code FRM but having error

Hi , i m trying to code my FRM module.

My mechabic removed the battery from my car and after re connecting it , the lights , i dicators arent working and he told me that i need to code my FRM.

So i just bought the wire kdan and using the BMW tools from bmw geeks and also downlaoded the SPdaten e89 for my e90 and now im getting this error. Can someone tell me what is this error and also do i need to buy another footwell module or not ?
Attached Images

Last edited by onthemix; 08-27-2022 at 12:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 01:33 PM   #2
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Nothing you can do to revive the frm with your software and cable at this time. The frm is dead and will need to be removed and repaired with a programmer like xprog and hextag or replace the module with a used unit and you can code it with your kdcan cable and ncs expert. Easiest and usually cheapest option though is sending it out for repair, buying the programmer yourself and trying to diy is going to be complex with the cloned units out there.

Ifh0009 means no communication with module.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 02:48 AM   #3
onthemix
Rep

So in case that i buy a used unit , how can i know that this FRM is good ? if i connect it through my PC it shouldnt give me that error then ???

Also if i get this used unit , i must erase everything on it and then use the ncsexpert ?

It really s**** that by just removing the battery the FRM doesnt work anymore like wth ....
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 10:36 AM   #4
onthemix
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Nothing you can do to revive the frm with your software and cable at this time. The frm is dead and will need to be removed and repaired with a programmer like xprog and hextag or replace the module with a used unit and you can code it with your kdcan cable and ncs expert. Easiest and usually cheapest option though is sending it out for repair, buying the programmer yourself and trying to diy is going to be complex with the cloned units out there.

Ifh0009 means no communication with module.
I just checked the car and the day running lights work , brake lights work, radio works , horn works, and rear passenger windows work but need to be pressed from the back and the only thing not working it the dashboard light, indicators , headlamp lights and front window switch
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 10:12 PM   #5
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep

All the symptoms you have are frm failure symptoms. No doubt that it failed.

If you buy a used unit (frm3) you're taking a gamble as Frm3's are prone to failure and I've seen instances where clients purchase used ones that are also failed. Install it and even without coding you'll know if it's working or not as most functions will return to normal even without coding. You'll definitely have a lot of frm codes still but the no front windows, no cluster lights will return without coding. You don't need to delete the module data, all you do is write vehicle order to the frm and code it. No flashing needed.

I would recommend sending your current unit out for repair though, it's plug and play and easiest option.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 04:45 AM   #6
onthemix
Rep

Thanks for the info m8, i just gave up and will send it for repair
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 04:30 PM   #7
Jerez418
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemix View Post
Thanks for the info m8, i just gave up and will send it for repair
Just buy a new (used) one that's the same as your current one
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2024, 05:15 PM   #8
e90sabr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Xdrive

I was trying to register my used FRM through ncs expert and it stated that coding is faulty, its getting signal since most of my stuff is working as it should. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2024, 11:20 PM   #9
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90sabr View Post
I was trying to register my used FRM through ncs expert and it stated that coding is faulty, its getting signal since most of my stuff is working as it should. Any ideas?
Few reasons this can happen
Your software can be set up incorrectly
Your cable isn’t set up correctly

If both of those are ruled out, perhaps you purchased an incompatible frm. For example of your car is 2010+ but you purchased an frm1, it cannot be coded to your car due to your build date being over 03/07 which is the build date compatible with frm2 and frm3.

What frm did you purchase? There is a sticker on the side

Frmfa is frm1
Frm2 is 2nd gen
FRM3R is 3rd gen
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2024, 05:42 PM   #10
e90sabr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Few reasons this can happen
Your software can be set up incorrectly
Your cable isn’t set up correctly

If both of those are ruled out, perhaps you purchased an incompatible frm. For example of your car is 2010+ but you purchased an frm1, it cannot be coded to your car due to your build date being over 03/07 which is the build date compatible with frm2 and frm3.

What frm did you purchase? There is a sticker on the side

Frmfa is frm1
Frm2 is 2nd gen
FRM3R is 3rd gen
Hey brother, im 99% sure my software is wrong, having a hell of a time trying to fugure it out :/ i keep getting an mscom error on my thinkpad running windows 10. Any advice?
Appreciate 0