E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > E90 328xi with BBS RC090 and 255/40R17

09-02-2024, 09:07 AM   #1
infinitenexus
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

E90 328xi with BBS RC090 and 255/40R17

I searched for this for a while and found basically no images on the internet but plenty of people wondering if they would fit. So I went ahead and tried it and I'm very pleased with the results.

Found some RC090s in a junkyard covered in mud and spray paint, got them for $200. Did a basic restoration on them, nothing special, and wrapped them in 255/40R17s. Car is lowered on Dinan springs with 1/4 coil chopped off the front and bilstein shocks, dinan front camber plates, 10mm spacers in the rear (5mm would probably be perfect). No rubbing at all unless I go over a really big bump with stuff in the trunk, then a tiny bit of rubbing in the rear.

Also, pictures are before I got center caps. There's a dude in Croatia that sells some on eBay much cheaper than factory so I picked those up.

Car also has 3 stage intake, euro airbox and silicone intake pipe, catback exhaust, polycarbonate rear windows and lightweight rear door panels, euro rear crash bar, upgraded underseat subs, lightweight racing seats and a few little carbon fiber bits. Just got a carbon rear trunk lid with CSL spoiler, you can see in the third pic along with center caps, still need to get BBS emblems for the center of those.

Next plans are carbon fiber hood, carbon sunroof plug, lightweight front crash bar if I can find one that fits, and I have some headers that I've been meaning to install. Once the headers are on I want to get a tune, and some MILVs if I can ever find them in stock. Handling is pretty solid but I know I'll need higher spring rates once I start tracking it so coilovers are a future plan as well. I would like to upgrade to some beefy sway bars as this car is steadily turning into a track vehicle—once I sell my other car I plan on buying a nice daily driver and then basically gutting this car and going street-legal race car so I can drive it to track days.
      09-02-2024, 09:12 AM   #2
infinitenexus
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

Holy crap those attachments were huge. Resized and reposting pics here. Also yes I know my car is dirty and a bit beat up, it's been a daily driver in Cleveland for 16 years.

Also you can see my 944 in the third picture. Fun car.
Attached Images