E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Mr12volt issue

09-03-2024, 02:56 PM   #1
theoforest
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90 335xi 2007

Garage List
2007 bmw 335xi  [0.00]
Mr12volt issue

Hello everyone
After completing my individual audio retrofit (amp and speaker),after successfully coding it I wanted to test audio.

When using CarPlay with mr12volt, the sound is much quieter and there’s a lot of static at high volume.
When using Bluetooth with combox, everything sounds good.

When I was on hifi sound system the mr12volt sound was good.
Mr12volt support is basically useless saying they don’t know what would cause that and that it’s gotta be a ground issue.

Anyone experience this before ?
I could throw a logic 7 amp in there see if change something but my individual amp play great on combox..
I’ll grab a android phone from a friend and test out android auto but I doubt it’ll be ok

Any tips will help thanks

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2024, 03:16 PM   #2
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

I can only attest to my AUX quality being very bad on my individual audio system. But BT is great. I use a Android auto module as well but just use the stock Bluetooth for audio after AUX wasn't cutting it. My seller offered me a firmware update to allow to use stock Bluetooth audio.

But yeah from my understanding Mr12volt system should bypass AUX and use like the CD audio. Really sucks they can't offer support, they should know more about their own system! I see that one recommended a lot to, kind of ironic I got more support from my eBay seller.

But also I believe someone else had low sound from individual as well, oVeRdOsE. I believe noticed that.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2024, 03:27 PM   #3
theoforest
Private
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 bmw 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
I can only attest to my AUX quality being very bad on my individual audio system. But BT is great. I use a Android auto module as well but just use the stock Bluetooth for audio after AUX wasn't cutting it. My seller offered me a firmware update to allow to use stock Bluetooth audio.

But yeah from my understanding Mr12volt system should bypass AUX and use like the CD audio. Really sucks they can't offer support, they should know more about their own system! I see that one recommended a lot to, kind of ironic I got more support from my eBay seller.

But also I believe someone else had low sound from individual as well, oVeRdOsE. I believe noticed that.
Weird since aux and bt shou
Yhea mr12volt use the most bus so it should be sounding as good as combox and other device on most bus.
Was kinda hoping for better support. They’re saying my « mods » are what chasing the issue(even tho other than mr12volt everything work fine..)

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2024, 01:07 PM   #4
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

I don't have the exact same issue since I didn't pull the trigger on a RoadTop or Mr12volt unit just yet.

However, I've also completed last month a Hifi to Individual retrofit. I changed everything : wiring, CIC, headunit, amp, combox, sat.

And the sound is worst. Lack of highs, lack of lows, all in the mids.

So on the morning listening a tlak show, I need to increase the treble, and back on the evening when I want to crank some beat, suddenly the treble is wayyy to high.

Very inconsistent. People buying this option back in the days must be disappointed.

I've checked for a CIC update, it can be updated, however I dont know if this improve the sound, and also the BMW firmware page doesnt work anymore
https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html

If you ever want to sell your mr12volt unit, I'm in !
right now I'm waiting for a deal or coupon. I'm not using my BMW that much.

Fun fact, in my audi I went with a xTrons unit, and this unit increase the sound quality on the Bose system by a LOT ! Everything is crisp, no matter the volume level. Its not working the same way, but nice to see cheap stuff that are better than a expensive factory option.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2024, 01:16 PM   #5
theoforest
Private
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 bmw 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
I don't have the exact same issue since I didn't pull the trigger on a RoadTop or Mr12volt unit just yet.

However, I've also completed last month a Hifi to Individual retrofit. I changed everything : wiring, CIC, headunit, amp, combox, sat.

And the sound is worst. Lack of highs, lack of lows all in the mids.

So on the morning listening a tlak show, I need to increase the treble, and back on the evening when I want to crank some beat, suddenly the treble is wayyy to high.

Very inconsistent. People buying this option back in the days must be disappointed.

I've checked for a CIC update, it can be updated, however I dont know if this improve the sound, and also the BMW firmware page doesnt work anymore
https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html

If you ever want to sell your mr12volt unit, I'm in !
right now I'm waiting for a deal or coupon. I'm not using my BMW that much.

Fun fact, in my audi I went with a xTrons unit, and this unit increase the sound quality on the Bose system by a LOT ! Everything is crisp, no matter the volume level. Its not working the same way, but nice to see cheap stuff that are better than a expensive factory option.
I’m pretty happy with the sounds quality using combox, but this was just a few minutes of listening, I’m doing rear main seal and waiting for parts so car have been down for a month.
Maybe my mind will change when daily it again
I do have logic 7 amp/speaker laying around as I was started gathering part to retrofit logic 7 but found a deal I couldn’t pass on individual amp/speaker.
So might give the logic 7 a try.

Are you on indiv. Speaker as well?

I also change everything like u haha, came from a stripper car with base hi-fi and no idrive, now got idrive cic, combox, CarPlay and indiv audio

Did you put the right VO/FA when coding the cic headunit?
The logic 7 coding output is way less than indiv.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2024, 01:37 PM   #6
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoforest View Post
I’m pretty happy with the sounds quality using combox, but this was just a few minutes of listening, I’m doing rear main seal and waiting for parts so car have been down for a month.
Maybe my mind will change when daily it again
I do have logic 7 amp/speaker laying around as I was started gathering part to retrofit logic 7 but found a deal I couldn’t pass on individual amp/speaker.
So might give the logic 7 a try.

Are you on indiv. Speaker as well?

I also change everything like u haha, came from a stripper car with base hi-fi and no idrive, now got idrive cic, combox, CarPlay and indiv audio

Did you put the right VO/FA when coding the cic headunit?
The logic 7 coding output is way less than indiv.
yes, Ive swapped the speaker, door cards and door wire loom.

I did not code anything, since Ive swapped the CAS, FRM, cluster, keys, etc. from the donor.
Appreciate 2
      09-10-2024, 03:32 PM   #7
rtd
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 pre-lci

Has anyone has problems with remote power behind the radio. Before my sub install it was 12v and now it shows only 7.6v. whats wrong?
Appreciate 0