E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > AIR SUSPENSION QUESTIONS

09-10-2024, 02:43 PM   #1
bimmernick_
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi

AIR SUSPENSION QUESTIONS

hey all, i’m considering bagging my 2010 e90. anyone who is on bags or just has good knowledge of air suspension and suspension components please give advice. i want to make sure everything is done properly and i want to get any necessary components needed. anyone have recommendations on what i should replace while im doing bags (camber arms, control arms, tie rods, etc?)
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2024, 03:36 PM   #2
Runnin'Rich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009MY E91 328Xi 6MT

I under estimated the cost of the conversion. There is so many fittings and little items to buy it really stacks up. Even after installing the kit there is always something else to buy to get it working right. You’ll need crimper tools and electrical gear to wire it up too.

Just loosen and retighten all your control arms at the ride height you intend to mostly drive at. That way you won’t kill your bushings in the first 1000miles.

I changed all the control arms and bushing on my front end and it made no difference to driving. I should have saved my money and replaced parts when neeeded.
Appreciate 1