E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > 09 E91 Cruise control retrofit problem, NOT again!)

09-11-2024, 10:56 AM   #1
tryingtobebest
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90

09 E91 Cruise control retrofit problem, NOT again!)

Im not new to coding and consider myself pretty good with Ncs/Ista, ive read many threads and follow people but cant get CC working.

Vehicle is OCT 2008 E91 LCI 325i (rwd) with BASE everything, it means i got NO Cruise Control at all and "LO" cluster.

I successfully source and install an X1 ring (SZL) with matching to E91 part number, everything lever wise (signals/front/rear wipers, high beam etc) works. NO airbag errors and i did recalibrate steering wheel sensor in Ista, so the vehicle is error free with the set up.

Firstly i added $540 to test things out, and Clean .man code DSC, CAS & Kombi, but ABSOLUTELY nothing happens when i use it (speed over 30km/h) Difference between my ori FA DSC coding and added $540 DSC coding, most likely 6 cyl versions cannot have $540 (most likely without extensive coding)

Then i added $544 and code DSC/Kombi/Cas, CC start working without showing any reference in cluster.
BTW cas is different between no cc and cc options so it HAS to be coded, many controversial information on different boards, here is my differences:

PS: just adding threads here with some relevant information e.g.:
Length of time kombi shows cc speed
Post #14 - https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505937

EDIT: Edit this thread without bumping up, I managed to show indication of set CC but I switched to a "HI" cluster!

Last edited by tryingtobebest; 09-14-2024 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 0