E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY - retrofit paddle shifters

06-07-2024, 10:56 PM   #243
VickyK
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Garage List
2011 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soart335d View Post
Hello!
Could you please clarify for me what do you mean by pin swap? What pins exactly were you moving and where? May be you can circle it on you previous pictures?
I’ve thrown 2 wires from behind the column to center console and did resistor mod. Looks like what you called “pin swap” is the last thing I need to do

Thank you in advance
The left and right paddle shifter connector on the steering wheel, it's a 3 pin connector. You need to move pin 1 to pin 2 position on both sides. Only then it will work for lci shifter.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2024, 10:09 AM   #244
Soart335d
Registered
Rep
Drives: 11’ BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickyK View Post
The left and right paddle shifter connector on the steering wheel, it's a 3 pin connector. You need to move pin 1 to pin 2 position on both sides. Only then it will work for lci shifter.
Yeah m8, I figured it later that evenin and did as u said and my paddle shifters start working.
However they don’t for properly: “-“ won’t do anything and “+” will only activate manual mode - M1 and won’t go any further…
I will try to swap pins again and maybe put #3 in a middle (#2)
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2024, 08:43 PM   #245
VickyK
Private
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah m8, I figured it later that evenin and did as u said and my paddle shifters start working.
However they don’t for properly: “-“ won’t do anything and “+” will only activate manual mode - M1 and won’t go any further…
I will try to swap pins again and maybe put #3 in a middle (#2)
For the (-) shifting yeah I'd look back at the connector and swap the 3rd pin to middle. For the M1 thingy and not going any further I believe is due to the issue of wrong placement of wire at the shifter. I'f I recall that what encountered too. The wiring diagram at the shifter - EGS Down means shifting 'UP' , and not downshift. You might have swapped it wrongly
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2024, 09:24 PM   #246
Soart335d
Registered
Rep
Drives: 11’ BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickyK View Post
For the (-) shifting yeah I'd look back at the connector and swap the 3rd pin to middle. For the M1 thingy and not going any further I believe is due to the issue of wrong placement of wire at the shifter. I'f I recall that what encountered too. The wiring diagram at the shifter - EGS Down means shifting 'UP' , and not downshift. You might have swapped it wrongly
Thank you so much for your replies and original post that u made! Very valuable info on swapping pins!
Turned out everything was working from the first time, the only thing was wrong is, as you said, EGS Down means shifting “UP”! After reconnecting those 2 wires everything works flawlessly!
Thank you again!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2024, 10:29 PM   #247
VickyK
Private
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thank you so much for your replies and original post that u made! Very valuable info on swapping pins!
Turned out everything was working from the first time, the only thing was wrong is, as you said, EGS Down means shifting “UP”! After reconnecting those 2 wires everything works flawlessly!
Thank you again!
No worries
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2024, 04:03 PM   #248
e90Elki
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Yo I’m trying to retro fit some dct paddles onto a non paddle shifter wheel and I have some questions about the wiring. In the diy you connect slot #3 and I understand that but do you connect the ground to the multifunction or do you connect it to the ground?
Appreciate 0