E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > BMW of Mt. Laurel Service Experience >AVOID AT ALL COSTS<

08-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
Reketjr
SSgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' BMW 335i Coupe (E92)

Thumbs down BMW of Mt. Laurel Service Experience >AVOID AT ALL COSTS<

I've been going to BMW of Mt. Laurel for quite some time now and for the majority of my visits there are usually some type of complications (over/under servicing oil, incorrect parts were ordered and car service was delayed for several days, "complimentary" car wash wasn't provided, etc.

This last visit was truly a nightmare, which I'll be writing about. Last week, week my windshield was broken (somebody punched right through it shattering it all over the place--quite impressive!) and I chose to bring it to BMW for OEM replacement. My insurance adjuster came out and eval'd it and wrote me a check. BMW gave me their estimate of $1300 for the replacement and were charging me another $300 for glass clean up in the interior. I thought a vacuum job was not worth anywhere close to $300 so I told them to replace the windshield and they were to clean up around the immediate area.

I received the car the other day and I honestly couldn't be more disappointed and was truly enraged by the quality of work that was performed. I'll list everything that was wrong:
1. Black glue all over the edge of the hood.
2. Side pillars had black hand prints all over.
3. Drivers sun visor had glue marks all over
4. Glass bits on the steering wheel.

Aside from the visible damages after the maintenance was performed, I was driving later that day and turned my Windshield defogger on... and was showered by pieces of broken glass, thank God I was wearing sunglasses bc glass went EVERYWHERE!

Summary: David was my service advisor (WOULD HIGHLY AVOID DEALING WITH HIM IN THE FUTURE). Not only did he not apologize for the sloppy job that was performed but he insisted it was my fault for not wanting to pay the extra $300 for the clean up. Honestly, $1300 for a windshield change should have made the vehicle at least safe for operating on the road.

I'm open for any suggestions/opinions. If I'm wrong please let me know. But currently, I'm quite disappointed. The customer support was at an all time low.

Last edited by Reketjr; 08-08-2013 at 10:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
AddictedToBavarian
My other ride is a Bianchi Infinito
Portugal
Rep
Drives: Miss my E92 but love my E46 M3

$300 for glass clean up? Wtf? I wouldn't have done it either.

That's a shitty experience. Were you able to clean all the residue off?

Hit them up on dealerrater.com. A bad review there will send them scrambling to make you happy.

I've dealt with them only 1 time and that was with their Parts department. It wasn't bad, but they did blame a FedEX guy for a late shipment when I believe they just forgot about me.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
JJMEOW
Instagram: FAMOUSJADE
Rep
Drives: E350 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToBavarian View Post
$300 for glass clean up? Wtf? I wouldn't have done it either.

That's a shitty experience. Were you able to clean all the residue off?

Hit them up on dealerrater.com. A bad review there will send them scrambling to make you happy.

I've dealt with them only 1 time and that was with their Parts department. It wasn't bad, but they did blame a FedEX guy for a late shipment when I believe they just forgot about me.
I thought Bavarian was a MI company? I love Bavarian BMW in Birmingham, MI

Come to MI and get your car serviced at Bavarian, cuties

MB E350 4 matic // BMW e92 335xi
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow..

Garage List
2007 E92  [5.00]
Sorry to hear..my ex had issues at this dealer also and David was the SA, go figure. You should report to BMWNA
      08-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #5
BobS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

I will never go there. They charge to much for cars and act like they are the only game in town.

ESS 650 ACM-R Upgrades
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
ibanatl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 xdrive; 2017 i3 REx

That sucks about your experience at BMW Mt Laurel. Due to my lovely wife, I recently had to get my windshield replaced as well. I took it to the Safelite Philly. I was approved for OEM glass through my insurance company and the guys at Safelite did an outstanding job. They tripled checked to make sure it was OEM glass with the BMW stamp on the windshield and even sent one back b/c it had a small scratch on it when they removed the protective film. These guys at Safelite were top notch and I'd highly recommend them.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #7
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Sorry for your experience.
But so far Ive all good experience with BMW of MT Laurel, in fact great.
If you have any issues with a SA, you should have talked to the Service Manager.
I had a minor issue once which was personally taken care of by the manager.
I will advise you to talk to the Service Manager politely and explain your situation.
You will get an email, provide your true feedback.
One time i was not completely satisfied with my work and I provided a nice feedback, I got a call from them in a few days and they took care of my issue.
I'm not an employee or related to them, just a customer who is satisfied.
I hope you resolve your issue.

Last edited by gds52; 08-09-2013 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Safelite FTW I've dealt with them over a decade ago in California for another car and they were BEYOND amazing, I would never ever go to anyone other them Safelite for automotive glass. Even dealerships usually outsource a lot of these jobs to local vendors and charge you a premium for the work.

If you have a problem with the dealership.. .you could always take it up with BMW NA customer service and also hit them up with a BBB complaint. I'm sure both of those would net you some positive results. I would still give Safelite a call to see what they can do for you to "clean up" the mess from this experience, ebcause there might have been other issues in the glass install if their cleanup is this crappy. It never hurts to have a second opinion. FWIW... dealerships are in the buiness for making money and you as a customer have paid that money at an excessive rate for the PROFESSIONAL experience and quality that only a BMW dealership could provide. It really doesn't seem as if that was the case in this experience and I hope you can find an appropriate resolution which both sides can agree to (Not just have them re-do their sloppy work over-and-over again until its not a noticeable issue by you, but rather one of the professional grade that they received payment for).
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #9
Reketjr
SSgt
United_States
Rep

I appreciate all the feedback/suggestions from everyone! I'm in the Air Force and set to deploy here in a week. I honestly just want all this quickly repaired and over with. I dont have the time to deal with these additional problems.
      08-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #10
Ali.K_BMW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Hey man, Sorry to hear about your visit with us. While I am relatively new here (forum sponsor) and at BMW of Mt. Laurel, I'd like to see if I can help in any way.

I am in sales but I will reach out to David and the service manager.
      08-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #11
Reketjr
SSgt
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali@BMWMt.laurel View Post
Hey man, Sorry to hear about your visit with us. While I am relatively new here (forum sponsor) and at BMW of Mt. Laurel, I'd like to see if I can help in any way.

I am in sales but I will reach out to David and the service manager.
Appreciate Ali. Don't mean to bash your dealership, but time after time David provided some of the worst customer service I've had to deal with. I'm going to be contacting the Service manager here in a bit. Definitely want to try taking care of this issue in house before I begin escalating this to BMWUSA.
      09-11-2024, 04:44 PM   #12
dderfler
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

AVOID SERVICE DEPARTMENT!!! I took my 2022 M5 here for a windshield replacement which turned into a three month nightmare and the dealership damaging the exterior stealth paint protection film and several interior trim pieces. To start, the service advisor contacted me after two days advising I needed to replace all four tires based on their “inspection”. I was very suspicious of this as I have a summer wheel/tire set and a winter wheel/tire set and less than 13k total on my car. Additionally, I just replaced one of the summer tires at this same dealership in May of 2023; this tire had less than 3k on it. The total mileage on the tires they recommended replacement of is less than 6k. When I questioned this I was told “you drive an M5 and you live in Philadelphia.” I asked to speak to the manager via their text message system to which I was ignored. I finally got in touch with the service manager William Holden who indicated the technician did not know how to properly measure the high performance summer tires and that I did not need new tires but I could use a slight alignment which they would do at no charge now. TAKE ABOUT A SCAM!! The next surprise came when I went to pickup up my car the first time and found the windshield/roof trim pieces popping up from the top of the car. The trim was not clipped properly and the seals were twisted in place. I insisted this be corrected. A week or so later I received a message that the trim pieces need to be completely replaced given the rubber seal was now permanently twisted and the clips were broken. The dealership initially tried to charge me for the entire replacement saying it was like that until I sent an invoice showing the clips and trim where already reset at my cost at another dealership. They then agreed to replace the trim and clips. Several weeks later after no communication I was told the vehicle was complete so I went back to the dealership this time to find the new trim painted, including the RUBBER SEALS, an incorrect color and still not seated correctly on the vehicle. The paint also had particles of dirt in the actual paint- awful work. I was told the delay was caused by the parts sitting in another customers car at the body shop. At this point I was so frustrated and angry I asked to take my vehicle home until they could get new trim pieces painted the correct color (NOT INCLUDING THE RUBBER SEALS) and call me when they were ready for install. The next morning I noticed clear drip spots on the interior drivers area and exterior drivers side. I immediately tried to clean the interior with BMW interior wipes with no success. I then immediately contacted William Holden to make him aware of the damage via pictures and told him I would be taking the car to my detailer to see what could be done with the spots on the PPF to which he agreed. Unfortunately, the detailer and installer of the PPF, could not correct the spots on the PPF and informed me the only solution was to re-wrap the areas. This attempt to correct the damage cause by the dealership cost me $400. He was able to remove some of the clear spots on the interior but many still remain. I responded to William’s email requesting an update from my detailer with this information and the detailers quote for replacement. After several days again of no contact they requested I bring the vehicle back over for them to take a look at the spots. I told them I would do this when the new trim was ready to be installed given the dealership is 45 -1hour each way from my home. They agreed to this. Ultimately, I went back to have the new trim installed and then upon pickup after months of acknowledging the damage William Holden decided to tell me “they can’t confirm it happened at the dealership” and they won’t be doing anything. This is total bs and complete lack of ownership for damage they caused to my vehicle. I will be contacting BMW N.A. and providing them with all the documentation and correspondence so they are aware of the poor representation of the brand at BMW Mt. Laurel.
Appreciate 0