E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 06 325i N52

09-16-2024, 11:28 AM   #1
kyleoc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 325i

06 325i N52

finally i got my car in working order and 90% of my issues are fixed. im putting a feeler post as im still new to owning a bmw. im think of putting a aftermarket air intake and exhaust set up. i’ve done a little research on what to put on it. some people recommend a cone setup and delete the air box and carbon filter or just put a k&n in the air box and put a silicone hose delete before that. i have no idea what good exhaust system i should put in or muffler. i’m open to any tips or recommendations for some bolt on mods while im building this. much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2024, 10:47 PM   #2
3PedalJake
Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [10.00]
First congrats on getting your first bimmer sorted. Before giving a rec it would be helpful to know what you're hoping to get out of the mods, and how much you're looking to spend. If it's power your best choice is a 3 stage manifold and 330i tune, the things you mentioned won't add up to much. If it's sound a aftermarket exhaust system or chopping parts out your current exhaust are options. I have a Supersprint exhaust on my 330i and love the sound, it's not very loud though just enough of a growl to hear the engine sing running the gears. Any air intake you put on won't be good for more than 1 or 2 HP, and you'll probably lose power with a cone filter on account of sucking hot air right out of the engine bay. If you want those couple HP a KN in the stock airbox is as good as anything else. The intake boot likewise isn't going to give you any power but will produce a bit more air induction noise
Appreciate 0