E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 Osciliation Issues?

Yesterday, 02:56 AM   #1
ValerioN54
Rep
Drives: BMW 2008 335I E90

N54 Osciliation Issues?

Hey everyone!

Been having issues with my vehicle since the single turbo setup was complete.

I have been reading through reddit's, forums, and many other websites but their is no definitive answer for my issue.

I'll explain the setup the car is running to get you guys some more insight along with a list of stuff I have tried to combat this issue with.

Setup:
On3 Single turbo kit
Pulsar 6466 Turbo
Tial 44mm Wastegate
PR Stage 2 LPFP
Single mass fly wheel
spec stage 3.5 clutch
3.5 Bar TMAP (N20)
3 Port Mac solenoid
single bank fueling
IKM0S (tuner requested)

Parts I've replaced:
Replaced previous index 9's with 6 used index 12's
lightly used LPFP sensor
Brand new upstream bosch o2 sensor
6 brand new 97506 spark plugs gapped @ 0.020
walnut blast
clutch switch

Parts I have yet to replace (as I don't think it will fix the issue)
Coil packs
HPFP
MAF Sensor
TMAP
Throttle body gasket
Intake manifold gasket
Intake manifold
Throttle body

Log:
https://datazap.me/u/valn54/fuel-sur...og=0&data=3-22

My idea:
I know nothing software related to this car, but the only idea I have come up with is the IKM0S software. This is a MSD81 ECU so factory IJE0S but I keep thinking this oscillation issue is due to the software IKM0S. I have tried flashing back to a stock map, then reflashing tune map but has solved nothing. I even purchased a tune from a new tuner to diagnose whether it'd be a tune related issue but nope. AFR oscillation is checked in MHD but didn't do anything, reset adaptations with MHD multiple times yet still no fix. Not sure what else to do, if anyone has a clue let me know.

Literally nobody has an answer for this, been through 3 shops in the past month and nobody can figure it out. I hate to keep throwing money and parts at this to potentially fix or not fix this issue.

If you view the log you'll see STFT jump up and down, AFRs go up and down, and the throttle also bogs up and down.

hopefully someone has an answer!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:44 AM   #2
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

Standard O2 sensor or catalyst diagnostic. Lambda stimulation is part of a few different routines, the DME adds fuel via trims to test the response time of O2 sensors. The delay time is modelled on standard O2 sensor locations and the primary catalysts being in place so by default I disable those routines on single bank cars or adjust the tables to make them pass on dual bank cars.

A good tuner can sort that out no problem, you probably just found a clueless social media tuner.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:35 PM   #3
ValerioN54
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarAbuser View Post
Standard O2 sensor or catalyst diagnostic. Lambda stimulation is part of a few different routines, the DME adds fuel via trims to test the response time of O2 sensors. The delay time is modelled on standard O2 sensor locations and the primary catalysts being in place so by default I disable those routines on single bank cars or adjust the tables to make them pass on dual bank cars.

A good tuner can sort that out no problem, you probably just found a clueless social media tuner.

Honestly man, I've went to 2 tuners who really know their shit and both have said the same. Is there any where else I could start to fix this lol? Seems like nobody has this issue.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:32 PM   #4
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValerioN54 View Post
Honestly man, I've went to 2 tuners who really know their shit and both have said the same. Is there any where else I could start to fix this lol? Seems like nobody has this issue.
You should ask for a refund since they were unable to fix the issue. Seems unfair to charge a customer if they can't fix the issue.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:39 PM   #5
ValerioN54
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarAbuser View Post
You should ask for a refund since they were unable to fix the issue. Seems unfair to charge a customer if they can't fix the issue.
I wouldn't mind paying you to fix the issue within the tune!

Let me know if thats something you'd be interested in.
Appreciate 0