E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Wire routing for rear dash cam

09-19-2024, 05:45 PM   #1
Pilarskica
Private
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Wire routing for rear dash cam

I haven't climbed into the backseat yet, but bought a 4k front and 1080p rear dashcam setup. Wondering where I can route the wires.

My old DR02 runs up the passenger A pillar. The rear dash cam has to connect to the dash cam on the windshield.

This is how the rear dash cam was wired in my daily:

https://www.reddit.com/r/E90/comment...rear_dash_cam/

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2024, 11:40 PM   #2
codeterrorist
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

On my E90 (sedan) I have the VioFo A139 rear camera on the right side of the car next to the third brake light.

Run the cable to the right hand/passenger side, remove the C-pillar (really easy) to get it really tucked in. And for extra cable, remove the right rear seat bolster by the door, so much room there to neatly wrap the extra cable slack and use a zip tie so it doesn't rattle around.

Run the cable inside the rubber trim/seals of the door along the headliner.
And remember, connect the cable to the front camera unit and place the rear camera, then run the cable from the front to the back, not from the back to the front. This way, all the extra slack is at the rear.
Good luck.
Appreciate 0