E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > LCI Power to Power Heated Seats?

Yesterday, 07:31 PM   #1
Ekrin
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive, e90, 6MT

LCI Power to Power Heated Seats?

I have pulled a lot of information from this old thread. Didn’t want to bring an old post back from the grave tho, most forums don’t like that. And other posts have different seats and info on wiring it all up completely, which I don’t need to do. So I’m stumped a bit.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1634953

smass are you still active and remember something 6 years ago?

My questions are marked with “Q:”
I have a 2011 BMW 335i xDrive e90, 6MT
Seats: Power sport seats: memory, (forward and backward on the rail power, up and down power), side bolsters, manual leg extension.

2007 BMW Unknown
Seats: Power Heated (sport seats?): memory (forward and backward on the rail power, up and down power), side bolsters, manual leg extension, lumbar, heat.

(I switched out tensioners from my seats to these heated seats as I couldn’t get that code to clear and that cleared the code)

Plug and play with driver side. It works. All functions work. Lumbar works and heat works with nothing other than plugging in the yellow harness. I did not have those functions before on my old seats. - I do have a white circular connector that doesn’t go anywhere now on these heated seats. I have found out on some cars these are black circular connectors. Not sure what those go to, but they present no problem. My car has it next to the yellow harness, these heated seats don’t have it anywhere. I assume it’s a pre-LCI and LCI difference since these seats are 4 years older.
Q: But does anyone know what these circular connections are?

——————

Passenger side is the tricky part on e90’s as I found out. I need clarification, please. Wiring.

As Smass has said on that linked forum post, I am missing 2 thin and 2 fat wires on the bigger rectangular connector of the yellow harness for the passenger side.

A thin Blue with Purple that is Pin 1
That will need a small female pin for car side
Q: Part number for this female pin 61131393724?

A thin Red with Green that is Pin 5
That will need a small female pin for car side
Q: Part number for this female pin 61131393724?

A fat all Brown that is Pin 8
This will need a bigger female pin for car side
Q: What part number is this pin?

A fat all Red that is Pin 9
This will need a bigger female pin for car side
Q: What part number is this pin?

Smass said he connected the fat Brown, Pin 8, to the other fat Brown already wired near it, Pin 13. Ground to Ground.

The fat Red, Pin 9, to the other fat Red already wired near it, Pin 4. Power to Power.

That takes care of my 2 fat wires.
Q: Are these 18 gauge or 16 gauge wires?

The thin Blue with Purple in Pin 1… I can’t tell what it does. I assume it’s Power.
Q: Where should I tie that into, what wire can I splice?

The thin Red with Green in Pin 7 is listed as a “Plus”, which is a Power?
Q: Where should I tie that into, what wire can I splice?

Q: And after this wiring, I still have to code the $494 into the CAS and FRM? I don’t even know what program or website I can use for that. I saw another theead give direct directions I can follow tho.

I have ProTool, and Carly. Can they do the coding?

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
3PedalJake2961.50
      Yesterday, 07:42 PM   #2
Ekrin
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive, e90, 6MT

Here’s the pic of the wires I am missing. Exactly as outline in that post that was linked.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
3PedalJake2961.50
      Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #3
3PedalJake
Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [10.00]
Subscribed to your thread. I'm also beginning a seat retrofit and as you mentioned every post seems to be for a different use case. My retro is-
Current: Leatherette sport seat, heat, power lumbar, manual base
New: Leather sport seat, heat, power lumbar, memory, power base

I've got as far as taking pics of the connectors, trying to figure out what all the wires do and which are missing/wrong on my current setup.
Appreciate 1
Ekrin3.00