E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW X5 dies and then works 🥺

Today, 07:46 AM   #1
The_kidddo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5

Exclamation BMW X5 dies and then works 🥺

Hello all! New here. But I need y’all opinions.

So, I have a BMW X5 and it keeps dying. I’ve had the car for over a year and first noticed the car dying during the last winter months.

I had to buy a battery pack to keep Jump starting it. Eventually, 4 days later, I got it to a tech and it wasn’t doing what it was doing to me at home to them. So, they tested the battery and said it was good and I may need a key fob. I purchased a key fob and that wasn’t the problem.

Throughout this whole thing, I would see “battery discharged” , tire pressure etc. but the crazy thing is, a few days later, the car cranks right up with no issues and me not having to jump start it. It’s been 7 months since then.

Fast forward to last week, I was having the same issue. Had to jump start the car after it died for like 3 days. The car would not stay charged 30 minutes after turning it off.

Plus, I hear my left headlight clicking and I hear clicking coming through the dash after I jump start the car. This time, the engine light came on and gave me a “Control module communication Bus “G” off” sign.

Two days later, the car is starting regularly 😂😂😂 and the engine light is off, the only question is…when will it die again?

Anybody can give me some answers?

P.s. the battery in the car is still the original battery according to the labeling. It’s a 2014 car. Should I get a new battery? I have two.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0