E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Fuel Pressure Too High Off Throttle

Today, 07:32 AM   #1
Malteser_wfj
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 2012 Manual

Fuel Pressure Too High Off Throttle

Over the weekend I was flashing MHD stage 0 for linear throttle & lower coolant temp and accidentally interrupted/cancelled it mid way through by turning on airplane mode and losing wifi connection to the adapter....

Safe to say the car was PISSED and had a multiple of module errors.

I then successfully flashed back to stock however I have this weird issue with the fuel pump where an error pops up on the dash & idrive system, then the engine cuts out when on throttle in gear (doesn't stall) for about 0.5s then power comes back.

Most times the error resolves itself and the error goes away by itself, then comes back a minute or so later.

There are NO codes at all on the car so nothing pointing to anything wrong with the HPFP. No long crank, meets requested rail pressure when it does.

I've been able to record the problem on the below logs and it seems the issue is that the rail pressure stays higher than it should do when I'm off throttle, then dips when I go back on the throttle.

This is all being as smooth as I can be, and it does the cutting out way less often when I'm using cruise control interestingly.

Datalogs are here:
https://datazap.me/u/lemansn55/fuel-...og=0&data=4-19

https://datazap.me/u/lemansn55/fuel-...ata=2-17-18-19

Car is a 03/2012 335i manual

After the interrupted flash I could hear something running pretty consistently underneath the car which could have been the LPFP? The tank had between 1/8 and 1/4 fuel and the front was raised slightly as I was changing the oil.

Is it possible that air could have been introduced into the system somehow??? And is there a bleed procedure at all so I could rule this out?

Could the fuel pressure sensor possibly need changing?

As an aside - the interrupted flash was also giving me 28A0 and 2820 which I solved last night by doing the fuel tank purge valve reset, so the only issue is the fuel pump.

The error seems to come up on the dash & idrive during the higher than requested duration, and then dies off shortly afterwards so is the ECU telling the fuel pump to back off the pressure and that's why it's falling off?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated!! It's becoming a pain to have these big jerks when power comes back in after only 3 days
Attached Images

Last edited by Malteser_wfj; Today at 11:00 AM..
Appreciate 0