E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > F1 2024: Singaporean GP - Singapore (Sep 22)

Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #331
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
I see it a bit different

Lando brushing the walls twice when he had a 20+ second lead shows how much Lando wanted to drive a nail in the coffin of his win. He pushed and made two inconsequential errors. I think he was trying to build up a pit-stop gap so he could go for a Max style fastest lap with a pit stop right at the end.
Well , see it how you want to see it..
I wouldn't know why he would do that . Because Lando had already the fastest lap in the race .
As I said , he was very lucky and his car could have ended up in a coffin and his WDC fight too with a DNF (!)
IMHO . If you are in the WDC fight . You don't brush the walls (TWICE)!
The Papaya 'Bullet car is more than ready to do it . But Lando Isn't ready..
And I won't speak about the Papaya race strategy and about how much they really s@ck...

#Crazy&Reckless (!)

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; Yesterday at 07:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66623.50
      Yesterday, 06:54 PM   #332
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I mean if the championship ends with VER winning by a couple of points, McLaren have no one else to blame but themselves. That’s just fact. NOR should have been prioritized strictly off of points to VER vs. rest of the grid.
If MAX didn't got his DNF in Australia (right rear brake explosion) then there wouldn't have been a WDC fight in this season.

But the Papaya race strategy decided to give it away...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66623.50
      Yesterday, 06:57 PM   #333
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
It could be that Dan knows already.
Dan is done .

Appreciate 2
M5Rick66623.50
      Today, 04:01 AM   #334
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Dan is done .
..and dusted?
Appreciate 2
      Today, 04:14 AM   #335
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Well , see it how you want to see it..
I wouldn't know why he would do that . Because Lando had already the fastest lap in the race .
As I said , he was very lucky and his car could have ended up in a coffin and his WDC fight too with a DNF (!)
IMHO . If you are in the WDC fight . You don't brush the walls (TWICE)!
The Papaya 'Bullet car is more than ready to do it . But Lando Isn't ready..
And I won't speak about the Papaya race strategy and about how much they really s@ck...

#Crazy&Reckless (!)
My friend it's easy to say he brushed the walls etc but lets go back to Senna at Monaco leading the race by a country mile and setting FL after FL needlessly sidelined into the armco at Le Portier then watching as TM Prost went past for the win. Lando as Senna, was in that zone described by Senna once as something that is greater than his input to control the car. We will never fully understand it until we ourselves could drive in such a race.
Appreciate 3
      Today, 04:29 AM   #336
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
2026 is far far away and there's no guarantee that MAX will even stay on longer in F1. Understandable that AN wanted out because of Wache taking over but for MAX to leave just because Newey went to AM to me is not a good enough reason for him to join Adrian and if the '26 Red Bull Works PU with the 'Ford sticker' is on par with the Merc then I think MAX will be happy to remain where he is and give a wave to Newey in the next box
Appreciate 2
      Today, 05:11 AM   #337
fs1977
Private
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Garage List
2020 G21 M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
My friend it's easy to say he brushed the walls etc but lets go back to Senna at Monaco leading the race by a country mile and setting FL after FL needlessly sidelined into the armco at Le Portier then watching as TM Prost went past for the win. Lando as Senna, was in that zone described by Senna once as something that is greater than his input to control the car. We will never fully understand it until we ourselves could drive in such a race.
For me it didn't look like he was "in the zone" at that moment, it looked more like loss of focus. I you look at the laptimes, he wasn't setting fastest lap after fastest lap. On the contrary, the laps before he touched the wall the first time, lap times where slowly increasing. After his first wall moment laptimes went down again. Second time, same thing. Increasing before, going down after.

But you're right, never been in such a situation before myself so it's only guessing
Appreciate 1
      Today, 05:57 AM   #338
wizardofOz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
They don't look too bad in aston green, imho!
Appreciate 0