E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I need help with my engine running rough

09-25-2024, 10:13 AM   #1
GabCou
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i 2006

I need help with my engine running rough

I hope someone can help me with this problem

I recently bought a used 330i 2006 with some issues that i fixed but im still stuck with some of them that i dont seem to find the solutions

The problem that has been here since i bought it is the engine running rough and misfiring on one cylinder in particular(4) and sometimes others to fix this i tried replacing:

- Spark plugs
- Ignition coil
- Ingectors
- Maf sensor
- Both disa valve
- Valvetronic module
- Checked the air filters
- Checked for vacuum leak with smoke test
- Repleced all 3 ccv hose and cleaned the ccv

Even with all of those changed that were coding and now are good i still get a rough running engine that misfires and after all that work i can say im lost and cant find this problem so im trying in this group

My engine also went in limp mode after i changed both disa valve and i was wondering if programing them was necessary after replacement

I still have some engine code and will link them for support

If anyone can help please do so

Thank you!
Attached Images

Last edited by GabCou; 09-25-2024 at 10:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2024, 10:35 AM   #2
lookalikehuuh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 335i

Are you sure the throttle body connector is clean and plugged in? Its not uncommon to get some oil in that area that can cause false contacts on the throttle body connector. Try cleaning it with some electrical contact cleaner, allow it to dry fully and reconnect. Also ensure the butterfly is also clean.

Also there are codes for your DISA valves, I would remove the intake and take a deep look at both DISA valves to make sure they aren't broken since that is a really common failure on the car. if 1 is broken look in the intake valves for each of you cylinders to ensure there isn't pieces stuck in there. Also if the metal pin has broken off it may have damaged cyl 4 and might be why its misfiring.
Appreciate 1
GabCou0.00
      09-25-2024, 01:43 PM   #3
GabCou
Registered
Rep

I will make sure to look into the throttle body and the connection

I knew that the disa could break and mess things up in the engine but it didnt seem to be broken when i removed them

The new ones i putted seemed to be in good condition and ever since i putted them my engine is in limp mode

Do you know if i would need a special software other than my Autel scanner to program it or do a relearn?

Thank you for your answer
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2024, 05:06 PM   #4
lookalikehuuh
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabCou View Post
I will make sure to look into the throttle body and the connection

I knew that the disa could break and mess things up in the engine but it didnt seem to be broken when i removed them

The new ones i putted seemed to be in good condition and ever since i putted them my engine is in limp mode

Do you know if i would need a special software other than my Autel scanner to program it or do a relearn?

Thank you for your answer
So you installed used DISA Valves to replace your existing ones? Its not a good idea to use old DISA valves because a failed DISA can literally grenade your engine from the inside out. There is no relearn procedure that is required for the DISA valves.
Appreciate 1
GabCou0.00
      09-25-2024, 08:54 PM   #5
GabCou
Registered
Rep

No don't worry i ordered new ones because i knew the danger of used one

It was indeed a bad connection for the throttle body code thanks to you i checked and fixed it

I still got cylinder 4 coding misfires and the servomotor 2 (Disa) also coding for high voltage

I will try compression test on the 4 to see if broken component would make it leak compression

Do you know why the disa would still be coding if its new and well connected?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2024, 08:59 PM   #6
lookalikehuuh
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabCou View Post
Do you know why the disa would still be coding if its new and well connected?
Where did you source the DISA valve from?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:08 AM   #7
GabCou
Registered
Rep

I don't remember the name of the website but there was a bunch of good reviews on these even tho they were aftermarket and maybe not as good as OEM but i didn't want to spend crazy on these after all the parts that i putted in this already

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:15 AM   #8
GabCou
Registered
Rep

I didnt mention it yet but i think catalistic converter are broken or maybe stuck because we can here broken pieces inside when reving the engine

I was wondering if bad catalistic could be a cause of those misfires and rough engine?
Appreciate 0