E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > IOS 18 and BMW CIC Idrive not working

Today, 10:39 AM   #1
Ashrock07
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW e92 325i

Exclamation IOS 18 and BMW CIC Idrive not working

Hey Y'all!

So, I just got a 2013 BMW 325i with the CIC idrive version and paired it with my phone. The music information pulls up fine for the most part but for some reason my phonebook just won't sync. I tried repairing my phone multiple times. The weird part is that it used to work fine when I was on ios 17 but after updating something went wrong. I know this is the case because I even tried other people's phones running ios 17 still, which synced the contacts just fine but just my phone won't work because of the update. What's interesting is that sometimes when I get a call, the name and their profile picture displays on the car, but even that is rare as most of the time it's just a number on screen and I don't know who's calling. It's really been annoying because I have to pick up my phone to call people and while driving stickshift, it really isn't that elegant let alone not safe lol. Is there any way to fix this?
Appreciate 0