E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 wipers constantly on

06-30-2017, 09:38 AM   #1
Joshh101
Rep
Drives: E90 Titanium Silver

E90 wipers constantly on

Hi all,

Recently come across a problem with my e90 wipers, basically was driving as usual when my wipers decided they no longer wanted to turn off, I've checked the fuse, replaced the relay, and still they are constantly on, I can remove the key and no ignition will be on, yet they are still wiping?

At the moment I'm having to pull the fuse every time to turn the wipers off, any help is appreciated, I did an INPA read and got 1 error and that's wiper stage 1 relay, so I ended up replacing it but still the same error oocurs A6CF was the code.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2017, 10:33 AM   #2
aj90
Budget Builder
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i, 17' 330i, 18' 440i

Does it happen to be raining while you're driving? That might be the culprit. Just kidding.

Check your lower windshield molding because if it's not completely sealed then water can leak down in the ac compressor / fuse box area. Usually the passenger side footwell will be damp if that is the case after you wash it or it rains. Either that or your motors or rain sensor are just going crazy.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2017, 10:41 AM   #3
sebaNYC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i GC

Joshh101 i had a leak on my windshield and was slowly killing my JBEE, i replaced it and everything works fine again.

search here on the forum, there a few post about the same issue
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2017, 09:31 AM   #4
Joshh101
Rep
Drives: E90 Titanium Silver

Thanks for the replies,

I'm going to be replacing the stalk and seeing how that goes now, I checked all the JBE and fuse box for any water area damage and couldnt find any at all,

Found this online so ill be replacing the stalk and attempting that, basically it says that if the stalk cant send a signal anymore then the wipers cant be turned off and they will be on until a signal has been sent.

"The JBE then switches over to emergency operating mode. Emergency operation consists of permanent wiper operation in stage 1. The wiper operates constantly as from terminal R. It cannot be switched off until the fault has been rectified"
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 05:28 PM   #5
mini22
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i msports e90 2006

Thumbs up Fixed!! Wiper possessed issue

HI all,
I currently had this issue on my 320i 2006 where wipers wouldn't turn off.
I had checked all fuses but all well so ended up disconnecting the battery out over night.

In the morning i connected the battery & faced more issues where:
-Fob not working.
-rear elec windows not working.
-wipers dont work but water jet works.
-central lock not working.

I look it into an auto electrician & he did basic checks like fuses and cables, then discovered it could be an ECU module located above the passenger glove compartment.
Just my luck that he had a spare ECU module which he replaced and all of the above issues were FIXED!!!.....£90 later though.
I did read on other forums that some people took it to dealers and charged a fortune for this fix.

This part could be bought from ebay from little as £30 but my guy charged me £70 plus £20 labour charge!...

item name: ecu junction box body control module
Item part number: PL2 JBBFE

HOPE THIS POST WILL HELP PEOPLE WHO FACE ISSUES LIKE I DID AND GET IT FIXED CHEAPLY. LOL
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #6
SP33DY1996
Registered
Rep
Drives: 3 Series 320d

Hi mate,

I’m absolutely useless with cars haha.. and I know you did this simple process, but thought I’d post on here anyway as I had the same issue, tried to disconnect the battery which didn’t work, after this I closed the boot which then was locked and on this car there’s no slot for key!!
Ended up just pulling relay out for the wipers and this seemed to work. Don’t want this to happen again… Not sure if I need to replace the relay, any advice anyone?
Appreciate 0