E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > BMW of Springfield's Shady Service Experience - Need Advice

Yesterday, 09:09 PM   #1
Spaxe
Rep
Drives: 17' BMW 440i, 22' Accord

BMW of Springfield's Shady Service Experience - Need Advice

Hey everyone,

I'm dealing with a pretty ridiculous situation at BMW of Springfield and could really use some advice. It all started when I took my 2024 M3 Competition (only 2,000 miles on it) in for a shaking issue when braking from 10 mph to a stop.

At first, everything seemed fine. The service guy was great, and they even squeezed me in without an appointment because I had an event coming up. They gave me a loaner - an M440i convertible - which was cool.

But things went sideways fast. Here's what happened:

I drove the loaner home on Saturday. It had rained earlier, but when it stopped, I put the top down for about 10 minutes on the Garden State Parkway. No big deal, right?

Wrong. Somehow, someone recorded me driving with the top down and sent it to the dealership. Next thing I know, I get this weird text on Monday telling me to come pick up my M3. They wouldn't explain anything over the phone.

When I finally got through to them, they accused me of "abusing" the loaner because I drove with the top down in "wet conditions." Which is ridiculous - who would drive with the top down while it's actually raining?

Then they completely changed their story. Now they're saying they won't work on my car because it's "modified." I do have front-mount intakes, but they knew about those from the start and even had me remove them to test if that was causing the issue.

The whole thing feels like they're making excuses not to fix my car. The manager, Tino Pereria, seems to be behind all of this.

I've got all the paperwork and a timeline showing how none of this adds up. I'm seriously considering getting a lawyer involved if they try to flag my car.

Has anyone dealt with something like this before? Am I overreacting here? I'd really appreciate any advice on what to do next.

Thanks for reading. This whole thing is stressing me out.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Last edited by Spaxe; Yesterday at 11:06 PM..
Appreciate 0