E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Missfire at idle and more.

Today, 11:49 AM   #1
Nolo1999
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 Bmw 335i

Missfire at idle and more.

So can someone help me with diagnosing steps?
Listed in pictures below I’ve posted the codes I have.
just purchased and trying to get it too run right.

2007 bmw 335i n54 auto

Mods- catless Downpipes, fmic, charge pipe. This is extent of what ive seen.

New parts- Plugs(bms step 2 kit), coil packs, valve cover gasket, turbos(but dude put turbos in from parts geek), water pump, ofhg.
( i do have set of index 9s that are used but good sitting on my shelf. but was told just to put index 1s back in it.)

Symptoms-
-smoke on decel, none on acceleration, some at idle when revving.
-Misfire on cold starts, has to be restarted when warm to get misfire to fix itself.
-when driving/ hard pulls ect no issues with driving(on stock tune)(this is only true for stock tune, Misfires on stage 2). Once restarted after cold start.
-i changed spark plugs and coil packs and i have pictured the plugs below. cylinder 2 seems too have the worst looking plug. smelled fuel the minute i pulled from cylinder. but misfire code is for 1,3. It did once i tried too test stage 2 after new plugs and coils under load gave me miss on cylinder 2. 3 cylinders that i pulled plugs from had cracked porcelain(the white part i think that's what its called). ( no i did not put these terrible champion plugs in car....)

happy to answer any and all questions in this process. Just looking for help. if anyone needs more pictures of videos feel free to ask ill do my bets.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0