E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Car Detailing in Calgary?

03-26-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
NYR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW M3 Competition xDrive

Car Detailing in Calgary?

Hey all,

Spring is (almost) here, and with Summer around the corner, and I figure it is time for my new wheels to shine after a pretty harsh winter here in Calgary.

Anyone know of some good places in Calgary to get your BMW detailed?

I'm looking for a place that does the typical services - waxing, buffing, polishing, cleaning exteriors, etc. Willing to spend around $200, but I am pretty flexible with that, as long as that place comes highly recommended.

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 03:26 AM   #2
sim@ecuprogram
Rep
Drives: E90 E70 F01

shine factory will be the first choice
they r pretty busy now.
call 276 6624 for any appointment

Last edited by sim@ecuprogram; 03-27-2008 at 03:29 AM.. Reason: ss
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #3
dubber1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i Cabrio

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
I took mine to TLC Auto Detail a couple of months ago for a wax (403) 262-1522. They did a good job and they are just east of downtown. That being said, I haven't been anywhere else so I don't know how they compare to other places.

2017 430i xDrive Cabriolet
Retired: 2007 335xi Sapphire/Terra Premium
Retired: 2006 325i, Premium
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

Try Calgary Auto Salon, 287-1213. I always bring my car there, and they do lots of work for dealers, always some really nice cars in the back. Take a look at the walls, it seems as if every AMG in Calgary has been through there the owner has all the window stickers up.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
OTK_KART
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: cars with 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubber1 View Post
I took mine to TLC Auto Detail a couple of months ago for a wax (403) 262-1522. They did a good job and they are just east of downtown. That being said, I haven't been anywhere else so I don't know how they compare to other places.

How much do they charge if you don't mind me asking?
      04-05-2008, 01:35 AM   #6
dubber1
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i Cabrio

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
It was about $70 for the wax. They also have a teflon wax and it costs about $140 if I remember correctly.

2017 430i xDrive Cabriolet
Retired: 2007 335xi Sapphire/Terra Premium
Retired: 2006 325i, Premium
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #7
Gerry
Registered
Rep
Drives: CADILLAC

No luck

I hate to say this but i have to say the Calgary auto salon was the worst experiance ever I took my car there for a full on detail ,cost me about $400.00 There was money missing ,they burnt the paint on my hood ,and I got the car back wet ,and half done ,I spoke to the owner and he told me to bad ! That there was a time frame on all cars and if i wanted it done again i had to pay ! I do not recomend them ! I still have yet to find a good place
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
CPI
403_e39
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 ///M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
I hate to say this but i have to say the Calgary auto salon was the worst experiance ever I took my car there for a full on detail ,cost me about $400.00 There was money missing ,they burnt the paint on my hood ,and I got the car back wet ,and half done ,I spoke to the owner and he told me to bad ! That there was a time frame on all cars and if i wanted it done again i had to pay ! I do not recomend them ! I still have yet to find a good place
Do you mean the car salon up on 32nd! if so I would never take my car there.

I guess you may have missed this post and many others like this:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/147152/th...e-to-fix-pics/

||KWVI Coilovers||Matte Black Grille||28% Tint||Iforged Daytona||19X8 19X10||H&S Exhaust||Exotics Tuning Lip||Slimmbones Rear Diffuser II||AngelIBright V3 Angel Eyes|| Fog light covers||UUC RK6 Shift Knob||
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 10:32 PM   #9
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubber1 View Post
It was about $70 for the wax. They also have a teflon wax and it costs about $140 if I remember correctly.
Just an fyi (I really am trying to help guys out here); teflon in detailing is a straight-up gimmick. Until dupont started making their own car care products they had a warning on their consumer site about teflon marketing in detailing products. Teflon needs to be applied to a surface at a temperature above 600F, it adds nothing to the look or durability of a paint sealant.

Sorry for the random tangent, I just usually find detailers who promote "1 year+" sealants or sealants with teflon/glass/etc are usually just doing it so they can mark up a specific service. Most good detailers won't charge any more or less for any wax/sealant. In general 95% of all waxes/sealants cost less than $50 for 16oz.

Now, back on topic... here is the guy *I* would go to:

http://mobilereflections.ca/
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 12:12 AM   #10
CPI
403_e39
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 ///M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by picus View Post
Just an fyi (I really am trying to help guys out here); teflon in detailing is a straight-up gimmick. Until dupont started making their own car care products they had a warning on their consumer site about teflon marketing in detailing products. Teflon needs to be applied to a surface at a temperature above 600F, it adds nothing to the look or durability of a paint sealant.

Sorry for the random tangent, I just usually find detailers who promote "1 year+" sealants or sealants with teflon/glass/etc are usually just doing it so they can mark up a specific service. Most good detailers won't charge any more or less for any wax/sealant. In general 95% of all waxes/sealants cost less than $50 for 16oz.

Now, back on topic... here is the guy *I* would go to:

http://mobilereflections.ca/
+1 for mobilereflections. I've heard really good things about them. I wanted to do that this year, but he was booked solid during spring.

||KWVI Coilovers||Matte Black Grille||28% Tint||Iforged Daytona||19X8 19X10||H&S Exhaust||Exotics Tuning Lip||Slimmbones Rear Diffuser II||AngelIBright V3 Angel Eyes|| Fog light covers||UUC RK6 Shift Knob||
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #11
sweetryde
Registered
Rep
Drives: 350 Z

Thumbs up Car detailing in Calgary

For starters, I think this thread is missing a major detailing professional. What about Detailz? For starters, I was really impressed with the courtesy of the owner and his team. He's clearly doing something right. Take a look inside his shop; pretty much nothing but high-end vehicles...Audi, Mercedes, porche, Lamborghini...you name it he's cleaning it!

I left him my car after a summer's worth of dirt and rock chips all over it. The dash was under a blanket of dust and I really wanted to make the car perfect befor storing it for winter.

I rolled back about six hours later and was floored. Seriously. Floored. It takes a lot to impress me. I would expect that a business that cleans cars would give me a clean car. The degree of cleanliness was astounding. For starters, my car was shiny and black again. It was actually better than new. And the interior... uh... I'm not sure I can put it in words. There was nothing in it. There was no evidence that the car had ever had its doors opened. Everything that was supposed to be shiny and black was shiny and black. Everything that was supposed to be clean was clean. Everything I touched squeaked. The seats looked clean, like I never eat in the car. There wasn't a spec of dust to be found. Everything was spotless.

Yeah, and I can't begin to tell you how awesome it is to have such a clean car. I kinda almost don't want to drive it though. Looks too good. This place is the best in town because the best cars in town use it!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2009, 08:04 PM   #12
sim@ecuprogram
Rep

sounds like salesmanship, especially this was ur first ad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetryde View Post
For starters, I think this thread is missing a major detailing professional. What about Detailz? For starters, I was really impressed with the courtesy of the owner and his team. He's clearly doing something right. Take a look inside his shop; pretty much nothing but high-end vehicles...Audi, Mercedes, porche, Lamborghini...you name it he's cleaning it!

I left him my car after a summer's worth of dirt and rock chips all over it. The dash was under a blanket of dust and I really wanted to make the car perfect befor storing it for winter.

I rolled back about six hours later and was floored. Seriously. Floored. It takes a lot to impress me. I would expect that a business that cleans cars would give me a clean car. The degree of cleanliness was astounding. For starters, my car was shiny and black again. It was actually better than new. And the interior... uh... I'm not sure I can put it in words. There was nothing in it. There was no evidence that the car had ever had its doors opened. Everything that was supposed to be shiny and black was shiny and black. Everything that was supposed to be clean was clean. Everything I touched squeaked. The seats looked clean, like I never eat in the car. There wasn't a spec of dust to be found. Everything was spotless.

Yeah, and I can't begin to tell you how awesome it is to have such a clean car. I kinda almost don't want to drive it though. Looks too good. This place is the best in town because the best cars in town use it!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #13
Xsalfior
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 IB M3

Just putting it out there Calgary BMW has an excellent detail team.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #14
sim@ecuprogram
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsalfior View Post
Just putting it out there Calgary BMW has an excellent detail team.
another baller! Calgary BMW will rob u in a hard way.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #15
Xsalfior
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 IB M3

I'm just saying I had a good experience but I can understand if other people have bad experiences
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #16
sim@ecuprogram
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsalfior View Post
I'm just saying I had a good experience but I can understand if other people have bad experiences
haha! that MAY because u got a cpo car or a new one from there. they did it for you with no cost. anyway welcome to e90post.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #17
Kraut
Registered
Rep
Drives: VW

Where not to go

I had an Indigo Blue VW 4 Years old,
The Paint was Ok when I bought it
After the First year I polished it my self by hand to get rid of the oxidation it turned out ok.
After the second year I brought it to Calgary Auto Salon (close to 42nd and Blackfoot) paid 120.00 well it was a bit worse than before the polishing.
I have to say I’m picky, I do not like swirls at all and I expect when I pay for a polishing job it will be like New that is just what I expect!
After the 3rd year I used 5th Avenue’s detailing shop for 100.00 they actually managed to get rid of the swirls that the Auto salon created the year before, I was happy.
After the 4th year I made the biggest mistake ever, I went to Bubbles formally known as Johnny Rocket for detailing. I purchased the most expensive package $500.00. They managed to a) overheated the clear coat on both bumpers that it started to flake off b) the car looked disgusting in the sun polishing marks everywhere it looked like a checker board.
Well I hated my car afterwards so much that I sold it and bought an silver VW instead.
I learned my lesson, I’ll ask the dealers where they go and rather pay a bit more if it even is more.
I know this is a BMW forum but I thought good advise can come even from a picky German square head stubborn VW driver who also Drives a 1988 BMW R100RT that gets the Tank repainted because it has a couple of chips.
Regards
Kraut
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #18
crowedfootdodge
Registered
Rep
Drives: Dodge

Dodge Dealer Calgary

I strongly recommend Crowfoot Dodge Car Dealers Calgary. They are the best car dealing service providers with wide range and fat delivary.
      Yesterday, 04:58 PM   #19
Caza
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR View Post
Hey all,

Spring is (almost) here, and with Summer around the corner, and I figure it is time for my new wheels to shine after a pretty harsh winter here in Calgary.

Anyone know of some good places in Calgary to get your BMW detailed?

I'm looking for a place that does the typical services - waxing, buffing, polishing, cleaning exteriors, etc. Willing to spend around $200, but I am pretty flexible with that, as long as that place comes highly recommended.

Any suggestions?
I would recommend going to Detail On The Go. Had my 240i done there a couple months ago and came out great. I'll put their link here: https://autodetailonthego.com/
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:16 PM   #20
NYR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caza View Post
I would recommend going to Detail On The Go. Had my 240i done there a couple months ago and came out great. I'll put their link here: https://autodetailonthego.com/
Wow...I posted this over thread over 16 years ago....quite the bump lol
Appreciate 0