E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > M57 35d oil pipe

Today, 11:13 AM   #1
LukasL
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e91 & e92 335d lci

M57 35d oil pipe

Hi!

I have an oil leek from both “J hose” (distributor to small turbo) and the longer one which picks up oil from the engine block. I’ve now got the J hose and will replace, but is there anything I need to think about when doing it? Should I for example put some oil in the hose after swapping it or will the small turbo have some oil left? Anything else? It’s the “02 oil pipe” I’m talking about. Cheers!

Also, what causes these to leak? Is it simply that they are old and worn, or could it be related to some sort of oil pressure issue?
Attached Images

Last edited by LukasL; Today at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:30 PM   #2
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive.

Make sure you change the crusher washers. The turbo will still have oil in it, you'll be fine. No need to worry.
      Today, 02:20 PM   #3
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Fair warning tgat changing the longer supply hose is more of a hassle. It is sort trapped between turbo and engine block. A old timer named Yozh wrote a thread here on those details of changing this longer hose.
On the oil priming question, I’ve never heard of anybody needing to do this. I changed the downstream J line and the other large turbo feed lines on both of our M57 and didn’t do this and was fine.
If you can do it and not loose the new oil trying to rehook it up, more power to you.
Appreciate 0