E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Car cuts power to the left AE

Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #1
d1zzee
Romania
Rep
Drives: 320D 2005

Car cuts power to the left AE

I bought a pair of new headlights off Aliexpress. Got them installed, errors for every bulb on them but everything worked as expected.

I realized in the following days that the "Angel Eye" on the left headlight was turning off in the first 5 minutes of driving. So after a lot of troubleshooting, this is what I've got.

- At idle it won't go out (waited 20 minutes...)

- In traffic, if I stop the car and start it back on, the AE works, for another 5 minutes.

- While the car is running and the AE is out, I unplugged/plugged the headlight connector and the AE is still not working.

- While the car is running and the AE is out, I plugged the headlight connector in the old headlight, and the AE in that wouldn't turn on. It turns on after I stop the car and start it back again.

Please, help me figure this out!

The car is a 2005 E90, FRM1 I believe.

Thanks!

headlights link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...4aa2180217jeKd
Appreciate 0